SR20DET transplant

V

VladCFC

My mate as Got an SR and he some how managed to buy an NSX 2000 1.8 Turbo. Can you get the engine to fit into the micra. Also will teh drive of the micra need to be changed to RWD

i think youve got thing abit mixed up lol, if hes got an sR im assuming you mean SR20DET for a 200SX which had a 1.8 Turbo engine in it.

As an NSX is a honda and arnt 1.8 but just under 3 litters and are V6 lol a V6 Vtec powerd micra would be quick..

but as for fiting the 1.8T you can make anything fit into anything with the cash mate how much have you got to spend? io recone to have a company convert the micra to RWD and fit the engine would be reaching the £10K mark..

its a nissan 1.8 turbo (like the nsx shpae thing). Cant remeber which sorry. He brought it for 500quid as his mate got his liscence revoked. He want to put engine into is SR (the sport model 1.3). i know the car its coming from is an RWD is it possible

its the same engine thats in the bluebird turbo and sunny ZX coupe/hatch which all 3 use FWD gearboxes.

The SR20DET and CA18DET will both cost about the same price nismo almera has put an sr20DET in there FWD. youll have to ask him how much hes spent i know its a fair bit. my conversion is only an sR20DE and is currently at about the 4.000 mark and isnt running yet.. tru doubling it for converting the micra to RWD..

a grand for all the donor parts?? where from i wanna get in on this.. i can weld have daon all the work myself and its still running up way more than a grand..

U will need a ca18et (8v FWD) from a bluebird turbo and u will have major issues with the ca18det (16v RWD) from the s13 200sx and it is transversely mounted i believe.

sr20det wud be needed again from the pulsar gtir as u will have issues using the s14 200sx engine again to the way its mounted.

or you could get a CA18DE from a sunny ZX and put the CA18DET internals on and exhaust manifold and ECU and do it that way but try finding one :p you can do anything to anything.. the only way you can work this thing is say im prepaird to spend X amount and then you say right you carnt afford this yada yada yada that leaves this... you could put an RB26DETT mated to a 200sx Back axel in a micra shell by removing the bulck head and space framing it out.. but dont ask how much lol

Back