spray help!

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
right my k11 is all done and ready for paint but my uncle is being a d*ick atm so im gonna buy me a compressor next week n have a go at a full repaint meself! im lookin on google for "how to repaint a car at home" but only bits of info atm, any one help? ive bought the gear (1.5 litre AJ4 paint, 1 gallon thinners and 2.1 activator) i aint a clue what thinners and activator for. any help is really helpfull!

oh dear. You do realise that your going to be spraying isocynates with no breating apparatus and this has been known to kill people stone dead? Get the haynes workshop manual on body work at least. TBH your not ready to spray until you fully understand all what your about to do.

Ed

Activator causes the chemical reaction for the paint to harden. Thinners weakens the paint so that it can pass through the spray gun etc.

I SERIOUSLY agree with ED here, please do not just go heave ho into this. You WILL feel reprocusions from it. Both health wise and financially. If your uncle has the proper stuff etc then please wait for him and talk to him, Dont go straight into it.

You can get a good spray job for around £450. Yourself attempting (after purchasing good enough equipment etc) would spend alot more than this, and would only benifit yourself if you were to carry on using the equipment afterwards.

right ive just bought a paint resperator and a paper suit. could any one post how to go about doing the job? im just tryin to research atm tho.ta.

No you didnt read what I said. GO AND GET the haynes bodywork repair manual. FYI a paint resperator will not be enough. You will need a pressurised airfed paint mask. Your looking at around £300 for one of these (that was how much mine was) and they require a large compressor (18cfm if you want to beable to spray with it as well). Also if your going to try and do this outside - forget it. I have not seen any spray job from anyone ever that was done outside that looks anywhere near oem.

Get the haynes manual read it front to back at least twice then youll have a pretty good idea of what your about to take on.

if u search on ebay.com for house of kolour the bloke who owns and runs it has made a full manual about how to spray then effects then kandys and flames $20

Back