Split RCA for two amps?

hi guys,
i have an alpine HU and it only has one RCV out. is there any way of splitting the RCA so that i can run one amp for my speakers(4) and another for a sub. or do i need to get a 6 channel amp or what?
Thanks guys

Yes you can get RCA splitters, however some amplifiers have a passthrough on them that "re-outputs" your RCA from the amp.

This way you would take the RCA to one amp (say your 4 channel speaker amp), then from the output of that amp take it to the other amp (say your sub amp).

If you need a pair of splitters, I may be able to dig mine out tomorrow that I bought from Car Audio Direct a while ago!

James.

wow, that was fast.
no, atm i have one broken amp:D
but i put a 1000W wiring kit in and wondered the options before i baught an amp/ 2 amps.
do you lose sound quality if you use that splitter??
thanks for the help guys

It will be fine. The input gain of an amplifier is typcially in the region of 10Kohm so you could run several from one headunit.

Ed

Yes you can get RCA splitters, however some amplifiers have a passthrough on them that "re-outputs" your RCA from the amp.

Just wondering, is there any delay in the sound from one amp to the next? Would you notice an echo at all?

current travels at about 0.6x the speed of light through the cables, your not likely to notice that!!!!!!

im not very clear on the whole cross over business. would i then end up with two different frequency RCAs? one for speakers(high?) and one for sub(low?). is the purpose of a cross over to inhibit all the unwanted frequencies (ie, your sub isnt trying to play the treble?) if someone could explain it that would be great:D
if im right, it sounds like just the jobbie.
Ed

Back