Sourcing aluminium/alloy tube/pipe

cisco

» CMF Member
Does anyone know the cheapest place to get simple alloy tubing from to make intake pipes with? I'm after both straight sections and also some mandrel bends.

I've looked at all the aluminium wholesalers and manufacturers in the phone book, and there doesn't seem to be too much in the phonebook. Will ring a couple up tomorrow, but their web sites show nothing like that in their product range..

Turbo places like www.capa.com.au charge an arm and a leg for it, you've got to be able to buy it from a simple aluminium wholesaler or something..

Any thoughts! Thx.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Hey RedRocket, Just been checking your profile. **** that car must go hard,93hp at the wheels and weights 513kg.

Anyway welcome hope to see some pics of your car very soon, And yes i'm very very impressed.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Cisco find a rural store that sells irrigation pipe.
Comes in all sizes can get 45/90 degree bends etc.
Cheap as chips but you might have to buy one lenghth.
Its very light and for what you want would be the ants pants.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
redrocketracing where did you pop out from, post some pics and more details in a new thread asap! im sure people would want to know a little more on your setup.

cisco let your fingers do the walking..maybe check the internet yellow pages and see whats in NSW and stuff..

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
aaron there is a place in Hume i think called ACT stainless. ill find out name for it if i can. they sell pretty cheap stuff. they a stainless steel manufacturer and they sel all size piping and bends, donuts, they have pretty good prices.

Back