SONY XSF692N Speakers

A

adr3n

can anyone tell me if these are good quility speakers? 2 way, 200watt

and also someone tell me what the little silver dome shaped thing in the middle of the cone is please, as the one i have just bought is dented will this effect the sound quility

product-5680040.jpg

their ok, but not great, i have the 693's, their the same just 3 way, sound a better!

The dome thingie is the tweeter, it should be rounded for better sound quality but theres not a hugh difference if its been pushed in!

ok, so i have to take these back tommorow, so anyone recomend me some red and black speakers (rear 6x9's)

will take alook tommorow :)

cant really recomend you any speakers speak to Pete (Retepetsir) or Hugh but one thing i would say is dont bother putting em in your parcel shelf unless its stealthed. You need to reinforce it with MDF or else it willl just sag in middle and affect the sound quality. Also, better so theives cant seem em, unless you got your windows tinted

Over on the Talk audio forums the sony range especially the xplod range are not highly regarded, with some members going as far as burning them for the fun of it.

For the money they are alright but for a little bit more money you can get something alot better.

Mike

You can get a nice set of black pioneer 6x9's from www.letsbuycaraudio.com , the sound good and you can paint the covers red, that would look very nice indeed, but theres nothing wrong with the sony ones despite what Pete and/or Hugh are going to say....

If you must go 6x9 then whey not look at these. Magnat 6x9's

But you'd be better off in the long run with a set of components up front and possibly a sub.

6x9's are ok when you've not got a sub for some bass and a little rear fill, but that's it.

Oh and stealth is the way to go, the more that's on show the more it's likely to get stolen.

ok so if its not a great idea to put then on the parcel shelf, where should i put them? sorry for all the qestions first car and all, so i am pretty much a noob atm

Ive put a set of component speakers (£30 JBL) in my front door cards.

And then put afew subs in the boot.

The sound is good enough for me.

Pioneer, Magnat, JBL, Genesis, etc are ok, Sony are not....

Sony 'used' to be good, they have the experts to make decent car audio equipment. However recently, with the introduction of the Xplod range, its gone downhill. They can do a LOT better, they just dont bother, and produce mass amounts as they know it will sell (because of its Sony brand name).

Put them on a reinforced/custom parcel shelf if you have no sub in the boot, otherwise put them in the rear quarter panels/doors.

ok well looks like i am stuck with this damaged speaker for a while.

is there a way that you can prize the tweeter back out again? or suck it back out anything like that?

Try some adhesive tape, eg gaffa, masking or electricians etc. Place tape on dent and use it to pull it out. Have done it before on all kinds of speaker cones.

i inserted a pencil up the back end of my component and it popped it back into shape, i tried hot water thinking it was sealed like a ping ping ball but it isnt. now when the bass gets too high, the thing sounds like its clapping

How much were you going to pay for sony 6x9s. Got some jbl xpowers Im selling. Are really good but Ive gone for some 5.25 alpine s types in my boot install now. Good sound from 6x9s but not much room on k12 parcel shelf!

well if i get a refund from sony i will be looking at paying about £40/£50 for some nice speakers.

are they 2way / 3way etc??

Theyre 2 way. Brushed stainless steel finish on cone. Hardly used them really. Good nick but no box as once my partner gets the packaging...never see it again.

Sorry no pic at mo. No camera. Will search the net tomorrow and try and find you a pic. If not will get partners camera tom

Attachments

• P1010185.JPG
    P1010185.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 277
  • P1010186.JPG
    P1010186.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 281
  • P1010187.JPG
    P1010187.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 286
Will try and get a pic today. Will have to send it to your email thought cos Il not be able to upload it

Back