some question's for a turbo setup

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
If its a T25G sell it...

You will need an actuator rated at 6psi for that.

You will also need an intercooler for that boost on stock compression

Aaron is right though, do a search and you'll find most answers. Mine's getting on the road in a few days so I'm going to do a write up

Seano

CMF_Monster

» CMF Member
Hi simply mighty...I would like to understand more on your statement...

If its a T25G sell it...

You will need an actuator rated at 6psi for that.

You will also need an intercooler for that boost on stock compression

What is a actuator? actuator rated at 6psi means what?? SOrry as I am trying to understand more. Btw, what is the difference between T25 and T25???

tks

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
The actuator is essentially a pressure switch

The actuator is the cylindrical unit attached to the compressor housing with an actuator rod going to the turbine housing.

The actuator has a pre-set spring inside it that compresses under a certain PSI. The actuator is connected to the intake via vacuum hose, and this is where it gets its pressure reading from. When the pressure from the intake reaches the springs compression load, the actuator rod moves a flap on the inside of the exhaust housing which diverts gases straight to the exhaust instead of through the turbine. If too little pressure is made, then the flap closes. Its all goverened by pressure.

The reason I say 'sell it if its a T25G' is because the T25G is too big and laggy for such a small capacity engine. The turbo takes long to spool and makes the same power in the end as a T25.

A perfect turbo for the CG13DE would have to be the GT25, which is in essence a ball bearing variant of the T25, albeit with different trim angles on the compressor side though.

Sean

cisco

» CMF Member
No, they're the T25-28 kind of sized ones off the WRXs from memory. Not a T04 or T4 huge garratt etc.

I think they would be similar to a T28 and probably work ok.
Same with the other ones off the other Subaru's, i.e. the Forester turbos. I just forget the model numbers.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
Yer TD04's aint that big, besides the weird flanges and stuff it would probably be ok..wouldnt be hard to come by either i reckon.

hey don't knock the T25g it goes alright ahaha...

Attachments

• 10692.jpg
    10692.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 34

cisco

» CMF Member
I think a T25G would be found out to be even better with higher boost levels. It doesn't really get much of a chance to use its full potential under 10psi etc.

Prob pretty similar to a T28.

I'll get to find out how laggy my new setup is soon.
I'm hoping it will be allright. Fingers crossed.

Attachments

• 10693.jpg
    10693.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 42

cisco

» CMF Member
How's the new car going mate?

Attachments

• 10708.jpg
    10708.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 45

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Good mate,

Respray and 5% tint all round (except windscreen) soon... Followed perhaps by a VIP style quad exhaust just to get the nice rumble... VIP style bodykit? Still deciding on that one

Sean

CMF_Monster

» CMF Member
Would like to check what is a suitable intercooler to be used on our k11. Space seems to be a problem....Would like to check if subaru forester intercooler is suitable (seems like it is top mounted). How about Mitsubish Galant intercooler used for VR4? Pls offer your valuable advice...thanks

Back