Some little fixups..

cisco

» CMF Member
This evening mighty came over and I checked out his superb new turbo setup. Wow what a beast. You can feel it pull very strongly, and the blow off valve sounds so awesome haha - just like a VL turbo.

I painted my air/oil separator black using leftover high temp brake caliper paint (Sean's idea). It had a very rough/ugly finish before, so this will help it look a bit more subtle.

Next I tried to fix up a bad rattle that the front left of the car was doing today, it was something to do with the left hand strut. Tightened up a few things here and there, and hopefully its fixed.

Removed my aftermarket steering wheel, because the centre of it is made of hard wood. If my head hit it, it wouldn't be good. So I re-installed blue monster's original steering wheel. Ahh feels great to have that funky factory feel again haha. The factory wheels are designed to collapse when your head hits them, much smarter! Shame, the aftermarket one is a really nice steering wheel, but I'm happy.

Today I ordered in a new cd/mp3 player head unit and some beefy 5-way (yes 5 way, i'd never heard of them before today) 6x9s. Will install the head unit sometime this week and then soon get all the rear trim and 6x9s installed with a punchy amp somewhere tidy. Can't wait, I've been missing having some good sound in my car lately.

cisco

» CMF Member
Damn, and just bought a turbosmart dual stage boost controller (sleeper series), so its all plain black and very subtle looking. Going to hook up the trigger switch to the spare rear demister switch I have. Can't wait to get that in. I was inspired by the dual stage boost controller Sean has, about time I got one.

Yeah route, the nut on mine was tight too. Actually, I've found that the HKB boss kit stuffed the spindle thread on my column a little bit. The spindle on the HKB boss kit is a bit ordinary and has to be really belted on, then it damages the column a bit. NO good.!

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Mmm the stealth one is nice... Mine's a bit big and bulky (old too) so I might upgrade to the same unit you're running... Was looking at that before I snapped this one up for a mega-bargain

Sean

Back