Smoke filled car...

mean micra

www.mightymicra.co.uk
Aww finally get home after an awful night...

Car has been running top lately then suddenly today i've been jinxed...

20:00 go over speed bump and rip off half me heat shield... stop and take the reminance off...

22:00 set of to mates house and car stalls in middle of road then shoots back in to action...

02:00 go to get some take out and notice halfinch puddle in passenger well...

04:00 driving home and whoa!!!!! rev gauge goes irratic, temp goes to max and car fills with smoke...

left it near mates house need to just get some sleep...my eyes are still sore now...

Q: bad luck i know but mainly i think i've some how got a leak in rad and that caused an overheat??? the rest must just be coincednce right!!

ta for any help lads...

you may have shorted somthing with the water iin the footwell causing revs to go up and down and the smoke...but if you think it was the rad it would be steam

mean micra said:
22:00 set of to mates house and car stalls in middle of road then shoots back in to action...

mine does this alot, its the ignition barrel, it doesnt click right sometimes mine takes forever to get started with this problem, some times the weight of the rest of my keys pulls it down, annoying it is

well found out this morning that it was the heater matrix that leaked, causing the water to intirelly disapear and the smoke ws from the engine and the others were just caused by this as a knock on effect with stalling etc...

Heatshield was just coincedence...

but anywho took the entire dash out, then the blower unit...

then in engine bay connected the two matrix pipes together then took out the rest of the internals of the actual heater...

on the back took off the busted heater matrix....

just need to fit a new one now... job for tommorrow... :(

Back