smell from front driver side wheel

Just bought a low mileage micra. 27,000. CAT s (rear bump) but has been repaired well. It just my commuting car. It has 12 months MOT. I did look at the sills, past experience, I know sills go. It has a sunroof and also know the issues they cause. Off side rear wheelarch has corrosion, not quite sure how it got through the mot with it, so wil need welding.

More of an issue is a smell inside once I get to 60mph+. It is possible rubber, but plasticy. Clutch? doesn;t deem to be slipping, and if it is, it isnt a lot. at 27,000 miles? Could the tyre be rubbing somehow?

Chris

yeah, i've gotten it down to that. Wheel is hot to touch after driving.
Now to work out how the hell it got through an MOT when the rear suspension mounting in the wheel arch is corroded. I can put my finger through it.

yeah, i've gotten it down to that. Wheel is hot to touch after driving.
Now to work out how the hell it got through an MOT when the rear suspension mounting in the wheel arch is corroded. I can put my finger through it.

Car dealers & MOT testers are mates who all know each other in your area & thus MOTs can be issued at “mates rates”!

Perhaps that’s how it has apparently passed its MOT.

Best solution is to put it down to experience & simply get it repair welded elsewhere or complaining at the MOT tester may result in your MOT being rescinded as you state,

Quote “ the rear suspension mounting in the wheel arch is corroded. I can put my finger through it”.

The vehicle should be inspected & repaired ASAP before further use.

Good luck. :)

Back