SLX gearbox

CMF_Here for cake

» CMF Member
Ok, am a long time owner, new member...(ok its my girlfirends car actually for the past 6 years). Its such a great car i dont want to let it go!.. I'm actually driving it more than my Toyota Soarer 4.0 quad cam V8 for very obvious reasons! PETROL!

i have prev been unaware of your fantastic website, and have thankfully stumbled accross it out of desperation to fix the car.. i look forward to talking to my fellow micra owners!

i wanted to quiz you gents as to the SLX gearbox.. mine has decided to make an early departure to those pearly gates...

i have noted that another member hear has had the box fail on them.. (NCVT box)

Is this a common occurence?

Does anybody know what $$ i am looking at? even if i am going to be able to find one?

Thanks for your help guys!

Dex.

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Its not overly common from what I understand - they dont seem to just _die_ like some model falcon auto gearboxes.

Due to the simple fact that not many people in australia have experience with the CVT box it is definately easier to source a new one from the wreckers or importers, hopefully with low KM and been decently maintained. Cracking it open and repairing it is probably going to cost you more than the car's value, as you would have already realised.

Try A1 Nissan Spares. They've always got micra parts.

Back