Silly boost + All new ULTIMATE E-manange.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Check this out. I have now replaced my Blue e-manange with the new E-manage Ultimate. This serious piece of kit cost around a cool £450. Its a vast improvment over the standard E-manange but of course only if you will use the extra features. I got mine yesterday, see http://www.fusion-motorsport.co.uk/images/e-man-ult.jpg for a high res image i took. So i got it working this evening after playing about with it last night on the PC. If you want to see a log file goto http://www.fusion-motorsport.co.uk/ed 2nd.zip

Here is a log file I did agains time you can see boost RPM thottle position etc. Its really quite interesting..

http://www.fusion-motorsport.co.uk/images/Log.jpg

At the moment i tried a turbo freespool. That basically means _NO_ boost control. I.e. the turbo makes as much boost as it can. Two reasons I tried this 1, I felt that the turbo was probably near its limit, and 2 I wanted to know how near its limit and if I was right. Anyway, The turbo peaked at 1.86 bar boost. You can see this point on the graph, that is I have to say quite mad, howver this is a peak at high rpm and not sustained so the real effect of this is very small.. I think its time for a larger turbo ;)

What will this all mean tho... well basically I should now beable to lift my rev limit to a more sensible 7600-8000 rpm once I have stronger conrods and pistons. With a larger turbo, and few other tweeks, i hope to gain significant midrange power. Ultimately I hope to blow away the 200bhp limit, and go for some silly power from 1.0 :) Now no longer is the ECU any limit at all. All I can say is these engines are incredible.

Ed

Interesting stuff indeed there Mr Ed, when is best for me to pick up your crappy e-manage (if it is mine?)

Very nice indeed Ed :) Your funking insane and I like it!!!

So the E-Manage Ultimate is the one to go for then? That's good to know :)

Craig - it would be awesome if you got his other E-manage! :)

not really the ultimate E-manage doesnt directly support the K11. The blue E-manage is still the best piggyback ecu out there, imo. Its _VERY_ good. The e-manage ultimate is twice as expensive, and I cannot see how any of the extra features would be used by any K11 here (unless going for silly silly power) Craig the Blue-emanange is ready to collect, once i have removed its loom (Im still using it on the ultimate) when did you want to come and get it as Ill just change the looms over.

Ed

Ed. I have also have a Thema S3 Turbo with some mild tweeks to produce about 225bhp (205bhp standerd)- it happily keeps up with the alfa 3.2 gta's. Anyway I am soon to upgrade to a GT28R turbocharger and I suggest for serious spool up and power you do to. I currently use a ball and spring type valve to control boot to 1.5 bar peak which settles to 1.2 constant ( I will soon install my Greddy Profec A controller which I am told is better than the Profec B). I may be able to get you a GT28R cheap so if you are interested let me know today as I will order soon.

ps. know anything about lowering the micra (I posted a thread about this)>.

Ed said:
not really the ultimate E-manage doesnt directly support the K11. The blue E-manage is still the best piggyback ecu out there, imo. Its _VERY_ good. The e-manage ultimate is twice as expensive, and I cannot see how any of the extra features would be used by any K11 here (unless going for silly silly power) Craig the Blue-emanange is ready to collect, once i have removed its loom (Im still using it on the ultimate) when did you want to come and get it as Ill just change the looms over.

Ed

I'm thinking 200SX, not K11 :)

The Blue e-manange is good for 450+ bhp from an SR20.. if the engine has been modded to take it..

pietro, I plan to get a GT25R. That will be good for around 250bhp. Anything more and I believe I will have more lag than I really want. Will post more later have to go now!

I can get the GT25R for around £4-500 depending on import duty - possibly less.

Ed

so, if you got the GT25R, you will not use the HT10 exhaust side? or you will directly install the whole set of GT25R?

Hi Ed, is the e-manage ultimate piggy back or standalone? How does it compare to the likes of haltech and motec etc? I will be going the programmable ECU route on one of my celica's soon and £450 sounds like a very good price. Does it have functions for water injection, traction control, additional injectors etc or is it just useful for manipulating existing hardware?
Cheers
Amy

katakijau, i would need to replace it all the turbo, manifold and downpipe. This alone would gain so much BHP.

AMY Its piggyback, depending on your current system it can do nearly anything. Traction control - no but launch control - yes. Connect it to a boost controller for high low boost and you can then tell it to limit boost by MPH, i.e. first gear etc.. This is what I will do. It CAN run additional injectors or water injection but there are no limits now on fitting larger injectors and just re-calibrating them on the unit. :) You can also remove the MAF and switch to MAP which is quite a feature!!, and it can partial self map by feedback from a WB 02.

Ed.

p.s. Imagine how it would be if i did the engine rather than the electronics as I have been so far lol, flow the head cams, pistons and conrods, turbo manifold down pipe intercooler & pipework. The potential of these engines is astounding. 250bhp+ no problem!

I have evo coil packs now, so bye bye distributor as well!

I dont understand about you replace distributor to EVO coil pack..that mean you placed out the distributor..you have any picture?

The distrubutor stays there but ONLY for the CAS. Then new ignition signels come from the e-manage to the coil packs, and you no longer use the HT side of the dist :)

Ed

Back