Should I remove my induction kit?

phil.marsh

Buy & Sell Member
Got an induction kit yesterday fitted it no problem but my insurance doesn't cover it and don't really fancy getting in trouble for it.

Although I LOVE the noise.

Is there any way of disguising the filter so it looks ordinary? Or in the thread below there is something about an almera airbox. Does this still produce the same noise? I don't care about power, just don't want to make the fuel economy any worse.

Any ideas would be perfect :) thanks!

Drilling the air box would make more noise (should you wish to refit the original air box). Worth noting that any intake modification that allows more air to get in, will probably affect you mpg to some degree.

I've been looking at the primera and almera airbox but can't work out how it will fit!

the 1.4 and 1.6 arboxes are a DIRECT fit on the micra throttlebody. You just need to remove or unfasten the carbon caniter so it sits straight, Ive had both an induction kit and almera airbox and the almera airbox was the loudest by far.

Hi mate, just to let you know that my induction kit only cost me another £2 a month for insurance - so £24 a year isn't bad at all in my opinion. Better to pay that than have a void insurance.

Also in regards to more air coming in and loosing MPG, how can Performance-Filters say this about their K&N stuff = 'Remember: More Air = More Oxygen = More Power = Better MPG'

Cheers

My insurance won't let me have any engine mods because I'm under 25 :(
And will the primera airbox fit a micra? If it does then win :)

Im 19 and im allowed mods with Admiral.

And as with Almera box it is bigger so they will tell its not factory standard. So isnt that breaking insurance rules and the exact same as just putting any other sort of induction / air intake on?

I've found one on some car spares site. £15 for it I've gone for a 1999 1.6 airbox. I have nonidea what it looks like but Will it be alright?

Thanks for all your help!!
So glad this forum is here
I'd be screwed with out it xp

Nice to here some support for the club, your welcome!

If your thinking of becoming long term member I suggest you get a bronze membership only £10 for a year! You get to acsess the whole site then!

I got a primera 2.0 airbox for 5 quid off flea bay but it looks as though it won't fit as the hole is about 5-7mm bigger than the current one. Shame cos I was sure a few people on the boards said it was basically the same size. Has anyone got one fitted?

In the scheme of things its only a fiver I suppose:p

I got a primera 2.0 airbox for 5 quid off flea bay but it looks as though it won't fit as the hole is about 5-7mm bigger than the current one. Shame cos I was sure a few people on the boards said it was basically the same size. Has anyone got one fitted?

In the scheme of things its only a fiver I suppose:p

Does it have the rubber collar installed? If not you could try removing it (just pulls out) from the micra one and installing it on the other. Never fiddled with the primera air boxes tbh, but it worth a look. :)

Does it have the rubber collar installed? If not you could try removing it (just pulls out) from the micra one and installing it on the other. Never fiddled with the primera air boxes tbh, but it worth a look. :)

It does come with the collar. I might try that and fiddle to see if it will go on, technically it looks just the same as the almera one.
I will try to have a closer look this weekend.

Thanks for the advice I'll let you know how I get on!

Good news :) just found on eBay an almera 1.6 airbox that didnt sell! Rang the lady up and she still had it. I just paid for it and it cAme to £6 what a bargain :)
Just off to buy some bigger air feed tubing to connect to the box :)

Back