shortshifters

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
All the shifters are the same piece.

However, may I suggest something?

Go down to the scrapyard and find a wrecked manual micra. buy the shifter (and the pivot ball cradle) out it that and take the shifter to a place which can weld. Get them to move the ball UP the shaft about 1.5".

They can do this by heating the stick and sliding the nylon ball up, or they can simply cut and cut metal on the shifter.

Probably cheaper than buying one from the states.

WHy do i suggest this? With all the short shifters I have installed on pulsars, I've actually encountered different 'ball holder' things. For some reason, inside nissans part bin there are an awful lot of shifters and cradles for them and they all have different sized pivot ball.

The last thing you want to happen when you're under the car and you've pulled the original shifter out is to find the short shifter you have bought has either a pivot ball on it either too big or too small to fit in your original cradle.

If you have no idea what I am talking about, head down to a wrecked micra and have a look at the shifter assembly. Pull it out and buy it and you'll see what I am blabbering on about. :p

Back