Shiney Cars!!!

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
Hi

i have seen lots of pictures in the blogs of the micras looking really shiney, i do not doubt for a second that elbow grease is required in any cleaning job but what waxes, polishes, shampoos, cloths does everyone reccommend? just to give eachother ideas ;)

I prefer:

carplan demon shine

Turtlewax shampoo

Microfibre cloths (From aldi!!! :D)

Alloy wheel cleaner and interior cleaner from wilkos

My dad got a big autoglym cleaning kit with his Seat, which has like, every single autoglym product in it, so I just use bits of that.

i use carplan triple wax shampoo, its gets really bubbley (by far the best car shampoo ive ever used) meguiars shapoo is pap compaired imo...

then i have autoglym super resin polish (used regualory when i can be arsed to polish the car)

megiaurs tyre shine stuff is awsome, even use it on plastics, i know you shouldnt use it on plastics lol, i have the proper meguiars plastic gel stuff but i carnt be arsed to use it lol)

and meguairs glass cleaner..

and a shed aload of microfibre cloths.

basiclly i just buy cleaning stuff if there cheap...i get autogylm cheap at my local motorfactors as iam always there buying paint so i get double discount (half price)

i just use autoglym bag that my mam and dad bought me fro crimbo then some pound polish with my dads auto polisher thing

Turtle wax wash & wax
Autoglym super resin polish
Autoglym car glass polish
Tonnes of elbow grease & patience!

Also use Turtle wax bug, tar & tree sap remover on the stubborn marks

I'l soon be doing all this on the Corsa along with a 3m cutting compound to really bring the paint back to red instead of pink!

I have a process that takes me about 3 hours

Rinse car with hosepipe first to get grit off etc.
Spray alloy cleaner on the white wheels let it soak.
Autoglym car shampoo mix it with warm water.
Get second clean bucket of warm water for rinsing the sponge.
Wash wheels with alloy wheel brush.
Wash car with warm soapy water after 3-4 swipes rinse in fresh water then dip in warm Soapy water.
Rinse with hosepipe.
Dry with real chaimos leather (i have a big half hide).

Autoglym polish resin with applicator
Microfibre cloths to polish
Autoglym glass resin/polish

Then hoover and wipe down the inside

Add one of those blue dolphin air freshners

i used to spend ages detial and cleaning the car to a perfect standard like paddy...but as soon as you go down the road where i live it gets dirty agian so i dont bother anymore...just a quick wash if i know it will get dirty, i dont even bother leathering it, just squggey blade it, i only detial if i know the car aint gonna get dirty after one day lol

technically i havent..lol even tho the car never appread at JAE, it was dirty...and never botherd to wash it and now its sold :p

so techically iam in the ''cba (car abuser annonimuss) group.

meguires stuff for me!

Have some autoglym nano stuff that i've still to try yet though.. A lot of it's just one application though so I kinda want to wait until my car's finished to use it.

I just use the shampoo and water, and give it a rinse with the hose.

Only polish it if I'm going to impress, which is never. Might for sunday.

When the weathers cleared up in going to wash and clean the blue beast and then sort all the niggly little bits out with it, i have this week off just so i have the time, watch my blog hopefully it will be updated tomorrow :D

I have a process that takes me about 3 hours

Rinse car with hosepipe first to get grit off etc.
Spray alloy cleaner on the white wheels let it soak.
Autoglym car shampoo mix it with warm water.
Get second clean bucket of warm water for rinsing the sponge.
Wash wheels with alloy wheel brush.
Wash car with warm soapy water after 3-4 swipes rinse in fresh water then dip in warm Soapy water.
Rinse with hosepipe.
Dry with real chaimos leather (i have a big half hide).

Autoglym polish resin with applicator
Microfibre cloths to polish
Autoglym glass resin/polish

Then hoover and wipe down the inside

Add one of those blue dolphin air freshners

I follow quite a similar path with washing.

Turtlewax wash, Muc-Off for the wheels.....(have tons of it for the bike).
An old wash mitt for the wheels.....seems to work better on OZ SL's, (pain to clean properly).

Once a year I use Farecla G3 on a wet mopp to give the paint a nice pre-cut. Followed by G10, a run over with Autoglym Super Resin by hand with a final coat of Autoglym hard wax. Some would argue an overkill on a Micra but that's what we do on the Jags, so it gets it :)

Any other time it's either nothing or a super resin polish, should it be needed. Most of the time it's fine due to the hardwax, as the car only does limited miles.

I personaly Use a Meguaries (if thats how you spell it ) gift set my girlfriend got me for my birthday . Got the car shampoo, wax, alloy cleaner and interior spray. Pretty good, but i wonna get some Autoglym products. I Hear they are the best!!

when my car gets fixed and my paint gets sorted again this will happen every sunday including detailinga s i like my car to look nice day or night

paraffin and a microfibre cloth.
lol

i cba just cos my car needs a respray and if its clean people can see just how crap the paint is...lol

i use the 2 bucket approach. listed above.

I swear by Chemical Guys and Dodo Juice Wax and a clay bar. I buy all my stuff from the below link. Prices seem decent and you get a hand written note in each box! I also use a sealer or Auto Glym Super Risen Polish to hide swirl marks until the summer when i'll get someone out to remove them.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/

Back