severed my tendon - now stuck in hospital!!!!!

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Yesterday while washing a glass, it broke and has severely cut my finger and severed a tendon, made a right mess of my ring finger!!!!

Spent 5 hours in A&E only to find out when they came to stitch it back together after a series of tests the tendon had been cut. They couldn't do it there and then as I have to see a hand surgeon.

I go in today for an assessment by the hand surgeon and then have a few days wait until the appointment...........I hope!

In the meantime I have some temporary stitches and it bandaged up.

Once repaired I face at least 6 weeks in a splint, bang goes the end of my badminton season and work is going to be a real pain running the internet business and hand making gifts and packing them up!

ouch that hurt typing that up.

Kev :(

My toes still havent uncurled after reading that!

Bet you buy a dishwasher now though ;) :D

Hope you get it sorted soon and dont have too much pain.

oooh harsh mate, i did the same with my finger except i cut the main nerve and now i don't feel anything in it, so i bet what you have as annoying as hell.

get well soon :)

thanks!

Just had a call from the Hospital, the hand surgeon I was booked to see today is on holiday and not in until tomorrow!..........typical!

So i'm working today, lol trying to put up internet orders which is fun!

I just hope after seeing him tomorrow it's not weeks I have to wait until the op as I already have a 6 week healing timeline.

Kev

Manly accident there kev. Don't think that it'll just be 6 weeks, my wrist still isn't right after tearing the ligaments at the beginning of November.

Saying that, get well soon x

lol I would say more like a stupid accident! I'll certainly change the way I wash glasses in the future. I should have known better really...

Sorry to hear about your wrist, how did you do that?

It's fortunate it's the end of the season for the badminton. I had 4 matches left between the two teams I play for and it doesn't restart until October.

Kev

have you seen hostel part one? with the old german guy and the american student ,did it look something like that.

lmao! well lets just say it looked a hell of lot bigger once the nurse got it open with the biggest pair of twicers (sp) you have ever seen!!!

actually while waiting on the bed I got a few images on my camera phone.............what........I was bored :p

LOL!

Kev

Lol, i bet you were moaned at to do the washing up which is why you were obv careless! Glad your ok though. Hope they get you fitted in soon.

How hard were you washing that glass?!

Get well soon, hand injuries are the worst as you can't do anything. Try and get some industrial strength painkillers, that'll make you feel better.

How hard were you washing that glass?!

Get well soon, hand injuries are the worst as you can't do anything. Try and get some industrial strength painkillers, that'll make you feel better.

I've actually got a reasonable pain threshold, I've had most dental work done without any anesthetic and then when they where messing around inside the wound at the hospital, the anesthetic they gave me worth off lol!

Also a few years back now, whilst at work a customer distracted me using the meat slicer and I lost the top of the finger, that was fun for a few months while it healed, I still make the customer feel guilty to this day lol!!!!

The glass I was cleaning with my hand in it was a large tall glass almost like a vase, the base cracked and my hand and mainly my finger sliced into the glass, my hand is also a mess with nicks and cuts.

It's really annoying because it's soo stupid, but these things happen, just have to get on with it.

Kev

well now you got a good excuse for not washing up from now on. but more importantly can you still drive?
hope you have a speedy recovery.

I was due in today at 12.00, but it was canceled due to an emergency at the hospital, case of injuries being treated in order of seriousness.

I have been re-booked for tomorrow same time, I just hope this doesn't go on for days! the wound is nicely healed now, other then my finger and hand aching it's not too bad.

lol for them to rip it open again and fix the tendon!

Kev

all fixed, but i thinks it's infected, going back tom for a check up and hopefully get some antibotics.

It's giving me more pain then it should be doing.

Kev

typing this from my hospital bed!!!!!!! in with a raging infection which developed within hours of the op! now on antibotics via a drip! might be out tues or thurs. lots more to say when i eventually get out, certianly been an eye opener!

This refreshes my knowledge that I will NEVER watch "Hostel". You poor dude! I once cut my finger on a sharp knife. Didn't do anything to me, it just cut off a flap of skin. That's the worst injury I've ever had! I'm a proper girl - blood makes me feel all woozy *lol* So I'm impressed at the high pain threshold claim! Hope you get it all sorted and dandy soon!!! :grinning:

just when i thought i was nearly out, the doctor now wants to clean the wound. means another local anesthethic and thats what got me in this mess in the first place! the infection came from the injection site and now i have to have another one in it. all being well I MAY BE out thursday. its bad enough the nhs ruined my life between 14-18, now a simple op has gone bad!!!!!! the standard of care is awful, this hospital is supposed to bea good one, makes you wonder about the others!!!!!

There are good and bad hospitals out there Kev, My partner works at a good one but they are so stretched that not everyone gets the care that they need. Hope you get better soon...

Just thank god you're not in Oz/America....then you'll realise how good the NHS actually is!

The missus also works in a hospital, certainly not the worst I've seen.

Good luck with the recovery though.

wohoo I'm out!

The finger is still a mess, bruised and battered, but the infection has gone down enough to be sent home on antibiotics.

Soo glad to be finally home!

Won't be here much over the next few days as I really need to let the finger rest and heal up first.

Kev

Brilliant news that Kev!!! glad your out and happy!!

rest now lol!! as if you didnt have to be told twice :p

lol I have pics of the original cut, I should have got some of the infection, the skin on my finger looked like it was melting off at one point.

The 2nd surgery removed lots of the dead skin and the skin on the finger had to be cut more, so I'll be left with a even larger scar now.

I can't express how good it feels to be home, 2 weeks since the intial cut.

Kev

lol awww thanks! :D

Now I have to catch up on everything again, but I'm not going back to work until Monday, well I wanted to go back Friday, but I wasn't allowed lol!

Kev

Especially that you have a damaged finger you can play on any games consoles you'll just have to watch DVD's lol.

Back