Service

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Right ive bought Kristians 1.3 Engine and i want to give it a good clean cause its got oil on it :( and i want to renew and clean a few things,

What should i look for to clean and what should i clean and treat? what new parts should i get. Basically i want the engine to run like gold (no doubt it does) but its better to be more confident in the engine you buy that what you already know. PLus i want to learn about engines too :)

I am going to give the engine a good clean with some Oil remover and get the whole engine sprayed.

mean micra said:
is this for the candy apple or the pick-up...

My micra not the Pickup haha dont be silly :p the 1litre of mine will be going in that pickup for now :)

great stuff...

if its just come out of kris's i'd just drain it spray it up then bang it in then do full sparx, oil, oil filter blah blah blah....

no point messing to much if it was a-ok in kristians....

change things that wear and tear and which are easier to do when the engines out for example, water pump and front and rear crank seals, maybe consider changing the clutch whilst its all out of the car

220...someone got a good deal there... can you tell who it is yet?...

ohead.jpg

about time you got a 1.3 in there andy...

lmao!

Ricky's back!!

Change the clutch, spark plugs, HT leads, oil filter, fuel filter, drain as much oil and flush out then fill with premium.
If you're wanting proper performance get some new hoses (plus they look pretty)

iv got a brand new set of spraks, oil filter and air filter u can have for a tenner inc p and p dont need them now

I'd think about changing the head and rocker gaskets, try and get hold of some Tomie cams, get a lighten fly wheel from Oz polish ur intake manifold etc etc...

don't just service it - strengthen it.

Where's it leaking oil - does it burn oil too?

i had red hoses on my car, when I changed them to blue ones I got a 50bhp increase,

He didn't say it was leaking oil, he said it has oil on it, andy_s likes to have his engines clean.... he even jet washed he 1L........................
Its probabley got oil on it from when they removed it....
Did I mention he jet washed his 1L engine?..............

he not only got the janspeed,.... he got the FSE fuel pressure regulater and 1.6 TB and ecu, and 1.3 ecu.....

Leaked a bit of oil from the cam cover and I never cleaned it or anything

Back