Service Reminders

L

Lori

I had a service reminder pop up on my car screen a few days ago and now it flashes up every time I start up the engine. It's on 27k but I'm sure the guy at the garage I bought it said it was due a service at 36k. Also, does this reminder not disappear until I get it serviced? o_O

It'll stay until you get it reset! Probably at a price!
I'd argue with them to the death until they do it for free... chances are it's probably needing a service.
Other than that, there is no other way to turn it off without voiding your warranty!

-Jamie

JamieGti said:
It'll stay until you get it reset! Probably at a price!
You must be joking? But surely if I get it serviced then they'll take it off? Or will it stay on even after it's been serviced?

It'll go once it's serviced.

My m8 told me there's a way 2 get rid of it on peugeots, turning the key whilst holding a button in, or something like that! Dunno if there's something similar for the K12!

ollie240585 said:
It'll go once it's serviced.

My m8 told me there's a way 2 get rid of it on peugeots, turning the key whilst holding a button in, or something like that! Dunno if there's something similar for the K12!
Like I said: It'll void your warranty! Don't!!!

Lori - If they service it, it'll be removed for free. Providing you still havea warrenty on it. If you get it serviced without the warranty they'll charge you for any parts and work the engine needs. If you just want the light out, they need to reset it and that's the ONLY situation you'll need to pay for it.

Thieves if you ask me,

-Jamie

JamieGti said:
Like I said: It'll void your warranty! Don't!!!

Lori - If they service it, it'll be removed for free. Providing you still havea warrenty on it. If you get it serviced without the warranty they'll charge you for any parts and work the engine needs. If you just want the light out, they need to reset it and that's the ONLY situation you'll need to pay for it.

Thieves if you ask me,

-Jamie
I don't really mind. As long as it#ll be removed when it's serviced. So it's not stuck there for life :laugh: ;)

if you read your manual you will find out how to turn it off, if not do a search i have posted it before

Your car may not have done the mileage until your next service, but may have been two year ago (or year depending on your service plan). I know this is the case with Renault, they also count the days as well as the mileage - could actually be due another service. Im sure its 18k or a year on the K4M engines.

So does the computer on my K12 take both days and mileage into consideration before recommending a service? And will it know when the last service is? Or is it not that clever :D How accurate are they? :upside:

When it was built it was given a date and a mileage (1 year and 18K) it counts to what ever is first whether it be date or mileage - this is how the Renaults work anyway. Everytime they are reset they go to another year or 18K. And it starts counting down again. Its what ever comes first - a year or 18K. I had a car in my workshop today for its MOT and it had only done 9K - but still had 3 services coz the guy had it done every year according to warranty.

Hope this helps - go to your local dealer they will be able to put u in the righ direction - or read your service booklet for your schedule - it wont tell you how to get rid of the service light tho.

Daz

K10Daz said:
or read your service booklet for your schedule - it wont tell you how to get rid of the service light tho.

Daz

if its a new k12 service light in speedo it will have it in there as rik (former member) had it in his owners manual, and if yours isnt the new style and your service light is above your radio then do a search it has been posted on how to reset it,

also both types of service light count days and milage like daz said

easy to get rid mate...press the menu button...on the right of the screen you will service...hold down the ok button for 20secs then another screen comes up...just press ok again..then all gone!!!

Pfffttt....

To get rid or change the service interval indicator when you turn the car on and it shows on the LED display hold down the button to the right, the service interval will begin to flash, once it does press the same button until it gets the interval you wish it to be on.

Back