Service Interval Reset

welcome to the msc

i take it that its got the on board computer above your radio? if so do the following

go in to maintance and highlight service, press and hold the ok button untill it changes screen, then select set next and press ok. then it should be reset

Thanks for the info Fordy (and the welcome)

Yes its got to go in for a P3 service, especially as the warranty runs out beginning of April.
Its just that the P2 was over £225, and they only had the car for 30 mins, incl of brake fluid change (which I know was just a pump through to the rear inside wheel- all other bleed nipples untouched) so will ring around other main dealers locally
Will also mention about the boot switch recall, also a noise from the gearbox that goes when you depress the clutch pedal !

if that was me getting charged £225 for a p2, and the car went in and out in about 30 minutes i wouldnt pay it simply for the fact that your paying 1.6 hours of labour for a service and it gets done in 30 minutes. i personally would say no and that i will pay the 30 minutes it took to service it and id stand my ground aswell why should i pay for more than 30 minutes it took. also you have to think if the service takes 1.6 hours and it gets done in 30 minutes has it been done properly??

Servicing is very expensive so please dont get ripped off

Service times set out by nissan for a k12 petrol is:

P1 - 1.4 hours
P2 - 1.6 hours
P3 - 2.0 hours
FP1 - 0.6
FP2 - 1.5
FP3 - 2.0

If your car is affected by the boot switch recall you will receive a letter though the post

p2 service is now 1.9 because its got a brake fluid change added as part of a service and if that was me i wouldnt pay either cause 30 mins is a joke

Bought the car privately just over a year ago so would not have thought that Nissan have our details to advise about the recall

Thanks for the comments highlighting the FP servicing schedules, was not aware of these (should have read the book) - this would suit us as the 9000 miles has been done in 6 months

I could easily carry out oil changes ( allready change myself at 4-5000) but need the Nissan stamp for future resale

Back