Back Seat

CMF_Schwartz

» CMF Member
Hi,
I've just bought a Micra and got seat covers for it but.... I know this sounds dumb.... I can't work out how to pop out the bottom of the rear seats to install them. Could anyone help me? There is no lever or anything that I can find.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
If it's an LX, then the rear bench seat from memory can be removed after taking out the back (only takes a couple of bolts) then a couple more bolts around the base of the back will also need to be removed to take the back of the bench seat out.

Then at the front, there are two metal hooks which clip into two plastic slots on each side at the front of the bench seat.

It's quite difficult to describe, but essentially what you'll want to do to remove the whole thing is to undo all bolts at the rear of the seat (two for the back and two for the bench part from memory) and then pull up at the front of the bench seat to lift it out completely.

Hope that helps.. :p

---dens

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
yeah i could not really work it out either. There seems to be hinges on the front but i dont think that is what they are. I just ended up un bolting it. Was pretty easy.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
On SLX'es and Super-S models there are hinges on the front because the rear seats have a 60-40 split and the bottoms fold forward so the backs can fold down flat.

The bench seats on the LX should pull straight up once all the bolts in the rear are removed.

---dens

smidge

» CMF Member
they do pull up but stick a torch and your eyes there when pulling the seat up and you'll see the wire hooks need some encouraging to pop out of the plastic holders

hey dens, is it possible to transplant a SLX seat in? or pain in the ass?

CMF_Schwartz

» CMF Member
thanks guys.... i got them on and they actually look all right.
haha yeah eventually I am gonna do more, but at the moment am in year 12 and only work 5 hours a week so not really an option. lol.

Back