rwd micra

nah dont have time or money just thought someone might like the idea and olly the wat my car runs it might be quicker in reverse

I remember someone telling me once that a Nissan Prairie driveshaft is the correct length to fit a micra. If this is true then you could fit a SR20DE and rear wheel drive.

Remember you will need to do quite a bit of structural changes.

I'm sure if it can be done on a mini a micra should be dead easy

07DISIS_012_008_SW.JPG

I've thought about doing this when my k10 is finished as my next project. I'd make it mid engined, mount engine in the back off of a roll cage. less structural work only to mount hubs and letting the drive shafts out. Gear linkage can be made cable shift.
Sounds so simple doen't it!

belive me it is a lot of work, the main problem is not getting the drive to the wheels or building a gearbox tunnel, but mounting the wheels in the back so that they are all in the right places. unless you have suspention which is very adjustable you are going to have to get things perfect.

It's the same as the cube 4wd system, motors controlled by a speed controller connected to the gearbox, simple and rubbish all at the same time. Dunno if you could get out of tax by claiming it's a hybrid though

Surely it has to be different, that lot sits right where the original axle would be, with the shafts passing right through where the original springs would be?

attachment.php

Check the pic, you can see the original spring, the axel seems to have some sort of bracketry to hold the motor on it.

Attachments

• spring.JPG
    spring.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 809
sorry for riving this thread, just wanted to say a m8 of mine made a k10 rwd by putting a 1.6sunny engine in the back, he did it by taking the front of the sunny (chasis rails, mounts etc) and welding them in place of the rear chasis of the k10, probly not road legal but it goes like a rocket.(Y)

Back