Run your car off water part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everbody

I posted a topic to start a thread about running your car off water. Unfortunatly the thread had been closed buy some compleately ignorant person called Ed from Fusion Motorsport.

Why has the thread been closed? Why does running your car off water defie the law of physics ed?

I would like this topic to be disscussed openley in a reasonable and respectable fashion asking any mechanic here to have a go and share your results.

THAT MEANS NOT HAVING THE THREAD IMEADIATLY CLOSED AFTER ONE PERSONS OPPINION! :unclesam:

Im positive if there was enough funding an engine could be built that runs compleatly off hydrgen gas (extracted from water)

For your info ed heres a link to a genorator that defies the laws of physics.
It makes 5x more electric than it uses by embracing the power of magnets :ghostface

http://www.lutec.com.au/how.htm

Thanks all

If an MSC staff member has closed your thread for a reason. Its pretty retarded to go and re-post it.:wasntme:

oh.

cheers mate. well thats pretty crap. why be a douche bag and not let people disscuss stuff. takes away freedom of speach!

The best idea is not to call staff douche bags. If you have a read to see what Fusion Motorsport is im sure you'll see Ed is in a pretty decent position to know what he's talking about car wise.

If the topic has already been covered on here alot, pointless starting another one.

Jesus christ this thread will be shut since its not a discussion!
Running your car on water is possible, its nicknamed cold fusion. We all know this was laughed at in the ninetees but it is being used and tested as we speak. Fact.

aye Japs have already made a car that does this :) but the petrol companies aren't interested in saving the planet its all about money to them

It would be interesting to see this topic remain open & see your developments, revealed to the site, especially with news that Honda are releasing 200 hydrogen cars. I've seen a micra converted to run off an electric motor, but not water

Another point to add is that our 'laws' are not concrete anyway ands we can only test are as far as current knowledge enables.

energy is neither created, nor destroyed, it is merely transfered!

i have heard of 'free energy' extracted off the atoms around us (ie not needing 'material components' which we can see/feel ...

military / conspiracy stuff, but i'm not up for discussing that here anyway.

The subject is regularly discussed by me and my house mates. Although fully possible to make an engine run from water, I dont see it possible to convert either a petrol or diesel engine to work. Another problem would be to make enough electricity to split the water.

Personally i think the thread should be edited to get rid of the attitude but the thread kept open. Also chances are if anyone of us manage this we will either become a millionaire or simply dissapear in the middle of the night!

apart from the fact that A it has been discussed before
B takes more enrgy to seperate the water into hydrogen and oxygen then you get from burning the hydrogen.
C slaging one of the team running the forum
and D insulting him and dismissing his considerable knowledge because it does not fit your way of thinking

yes engines can be run on hydrogen
you can use water in a fuel cell to create electricity
but youll more than likely find that the hydrogen cars that can and WILL be built in the future will use compressed gas even liquified as in lpg.
as arnie has allready brought in laws that there must be a hydrogen filling station every 50 miles in california by 2020 or there abouts it will be done if only in a relatively small scale.
as it will, when implemented make considerable wealth for whoever makes this available to the public, you can rest assured that the oil/petrol companies will be there selling you your daily tank full of gas!

of course oil companies dont want to save the planet there not conservationists there global money making machines and at present they have enough oil to last them a fair while yet and make them countless trillions into the bargain, so they wont invest heavily into other forms of fuel until one of three things happens
A the governments around the world subsidise the development
B it becomes too expensive to continue to produce and sell oil at a price people will pay for or
C they start to run out !
simple as that!

one final thought!

DO YOU REALLY WANT TO TURN THE LIFE BLOOD OF THE WORLD INTO A FUEL THAT WILL BE CONTROLLED BY THE OILCOMPANIES/GOVERMENTS OF THE WORLD?
THEY WILL TAX IT
METER IT AND
MAKE YOU PAY TO HAVE IT
WILL PROCECUTE YOU FOR COLLECTING IT (THE RAIN WILL BECOME A COMODITY! ) AND BASICALLY YOU WILL/COULD END UP WITH A SITUATION WHERE YOU HAVE POLLUTION FREE VEHICLES LIMITLESS FUEL SUPPLIES BUT YOU ONLY BE ALLOWED TO LIVE IF YOU CAN PAY FOR YOUR WATER! SOUNDS FAR FETCHED MAYBE BUT THINK ABOUT IT THEY ARE ALLREADY PUTTING US ON WATER METERS YOU PAY £200 - £300 A YEAR NOW! BUT IMAGINE IF THEY WERE CHARGING YOU £1.16 A LITRE FOR IT THE SAME PRICE AS PETROL! MAKES YOU THINK EH? o_O

takes away freedom of speach!
Freedom of SPEECH doesn't exist on the internet. You're subject to what ever the owner or regulator of the website believes can and can't be posted on his site. Ed knows you're talking crap, so he locked your thread.

Yes you could probably convert an engine to run on hydrogen but firstly it's not worth they effort and secondly hydrogen doesn't smell as good as petrol as it burns.

It's also probably not as powerful as it burns at the wrong speed so you wouldn't get such good performance.

LOL "doesn't smell as good"!

As for the link you gave its rubbish, basically hes saying that he is using a DC motor to power an alternator and making it sound more technical than it is, it also doesn't work, in an IDEAL world you would make what power you put in. Add friction, losses, resistance etc and if you hooked it to a battery it would drain, pretty fast.

The problem isn't the running off water, its the creation of the hydrogen, at present this requires more energy than is gained by burning it. END OF!

Hydrogen produces a pretty large boom. In raw terms, it out burns petrol afaik.

In which case it'd burn so fast it would damage your engine. and MPG would be crap. You'd have to carry around such a large tank of water it'd be impractical. Eitherway a petrol engine is set to burn petrol.

The problem isn't the running off water, its the creation of the hydrogen, at present this requires more energy than is gained by burning it. END OF!

No its not the end of, its a lot easier to separate the hydrogen and oxygen atoms they have closed the gap on this which basicly means your be able to get more miles out of a gallon of water! Which in turn means energy is still being used up and not defying the laws physics.

One more thing, 100 years ago chatting to someone on the other side of the world as easily as someone just the other side of town. Seemed impossible and far out stretched the imaginations of human kind!

Eitherway a petrol engine is set to burn petrol.

Yeah and a four stroke internal combustion engine of any kind is highly inefficient, a completely different energy converter would be require. Similar to a hydrogen fuel cell.

Did some research a few years ago at college.

Can i highlight the part were i wrote 'at present'.

That is the case at the moment, i've had enough of reading websites from people who want to tell you about there super device and then leave out critical information till you pay them, if they cared about the planet like they say they would release the information for free.

Edit: I forgot to add, usually they are scammers or deluded so you will never get that critical bit of information.

Edit again: Back in the case of the original post, i forgot to quote this in my original post:
It makes 5x more electric than it uses by embracing the power of magnets
Is this some kind of joke or actually serious, by embracing the power of magnets? I don't care how 'rare earth' a magnet is, its just a magnet, you still can't get something for nothing.

I appreciate what you are saying whipit, yes there is energy there, quite a lot but unless you can show me evidence otherwise i refuse to believe that at this PRESENT time the yield is greater than the input energy.

ooh err frank no ta. :)

I believe hydrogen fuel cells are one of the few scientific breakthroughs in history that are being held back (for obvious reasons). I think the only thing ppl should be discussing is why the hell it isnt being developed a bit quicker. Although there wouldnt be much point discussing it as nothing will change that way. Its all about money and power etc. etc. blah blah. What would the oil companies get out of pushing for clean energy etc. etc. blah blah :)

Maybe Ed was suggesting that it defies the laws of physics to run YOUR car on water. :wasntme:

I seriously give up with this place. Its unbelievable how the conspiracy theorists come out of the pipework when energy prices go up.

Oil is a finite resource, IF IT WERE POSSIBLE it would have been done and working or at least in an progressed stage of development. (not repeats of what we have already seen time and time again) Can you find ANYONE with an ounce of credibility who claims to have this working - cause I can't.

It would be the DREAM of practically every government to find a source of abundant energy since it would remove reliance solve and many political problems with more unstable regions of the world.

Its not some stupid conspiracy theory that many suggest.

IN FACT people mentioned threads similar to this (and often quoted as incorrectly as FACT) have been successfully counter sued for fraudulent claims, and forced to return investment money when they couldn't get their contraptions to work under close scrutiny, yet these same people still have their videos going about as true, when it simply was and has been proven to be lies.

Can you even comprehend how much a capital investment company would LOVE to have the patents and rights to such a product, there is money there there has been for years for this kind of development.

Its not ground breaking. Its not even new. The current climate is just an opportunity for those to be heard by people who wish it to be true when STILL no one has got anywhere further than the tests/research that has already gone by.

P.S.

micradrivr, you instantly showed yourself up as a complete idiot. Congratulations and well done.

Well I second Ed's post. I've worked in fuels, engine development and I now work in the oil & gas sector. There is a LOT of misinformation circulating on the web and in the media. All people seem to do these days is regurgitate old news as FACT......ignorance is not an excuse.

Micradrivr, a little something for you........

KS2944.jpg

Oh but Dave since you work in this industry surely your part of the conspiracy too?!

Trains use diesel engines to power electric motors that drive the wheels to produce enourmous amounts of tractive effort. I wonder why lorries do not use this technology? Especially road trains and the like.

Train drive systems need to be flexible in terms of power and manoeuvrability (they pivot in a way that lorrys don't need to etc). Elec motors are convenient and easily controllable and more compact, with no need for a large and complicated transmission system etc..

Gotcha, of course the electric motors can be located entirely on the bogies to allow the unit to pivot, hadnt thought of that.

thanks ed

Ed thanks for calling me an idiot. Made me smile. I’m sure you are an extremely intellectual person and the knowledge you share is appreciated by many.

My task was to see if people are researching this topic, conducting their own experiments and possibly willing to share their results.

I have a micra k11 and think it’s cool. Being a part of the micra community I thought I’d try and be pro active about the subject and raise the topic for disscusion.

Water can be converted in to a combustible fuel more ways than one.

Hydrogen can be produced more than one way.

It does not have to involve electrolysis meaning draining another source of power. It can be produced using inexpensive chemicals and materials e.g. using bleach and ground up aluminum.

Id like to mention that some of the first engines supposedly built ran on vegetable oil. This is because the engines were used for agricultural purposes and farmers had a wealthy supply of it. Where are the diesel engine cars running off cooking oil?

Id hate to think there is money being paid to keep these scientific facts and developments held back from society from a profit making controlling point of view.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back