RS5F31A gearbox into K11

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
looks like it can be done after all, forget the custum driveshafts, looks like everyone has been barking up the wrong tree

all you need is the diff out of your old rs5f30a micra box, if using the old bearings you also need the diff bearing races out of the casings and press them into the 31a casings, swap the 31a ringgear onto the 30a and then reassemble.

You now have a 31a with smaller splines to match k11 driveshaft like the exa 31a box, which I'm guessing just needs the pulsar casing and would be a straight bolt up.

I will confirm this info later when I get up later today and finish it, its 4am and I'm rooted, nite all

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
look like the 30a and the 31a only share the engine side half casing, this incorporates the bellhousing and diff casing and I cant see why you couldn't interchange them. the bigger(wider) diff holds the bigger ring gear higher and the corresponding gear on the gearset is higher which is why you cant hybridise them.

Am I finished, no way, 31a's came on n13's as well and had the smaller splines to match micra, it may have the same diff as k11 but with the bigger gears, it also came with 31v, don't know if its true yet but apparently the GM motors fitted to aussie n13 Pulsar had bellhousing pattern changed to fit Nissan boxes

so far this is the list of motors that use the same bellhousing in Aus

CG13..., GA16...., CA18(exa)....,GM 1.6-1.8(n13)????

Back