Rounded the heads on the cam cover screws...

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
Got a bit too excited, tried to undo them quickly (were corroded pretty badly) now two are rounded, is my best bet just to dremel a line across the head and use a flat head screwdriver to take them out?
Once out, I'm gonna be replacing them with bolts so it doesn't hapen again.
Craig

so after you rounded the first craig, you thought it would be a good idea to do another?? good work son. :laugh:

on a serious note, yeah try getting them out with a flat.

did you use an impact driver?....

i use one all the time on mine and i have had the rocker off about 6 times....

cut the head off, lift the rocker cover off, then unscrew the rest with pliers...

so after you rounded the first craig, you thought it would be a good idea to do another?? good work son. :laugh:

Well, I don't like doing things by halves....

Looks like dremel time then, will try and find some std nissan bolts that will do the job, eithr that or I'll go down the hardware store to try and get some.

I've had to do that several times, have a massive flat-head screwdriver for the job actually. Replaced all mine with A2 grade domed allen bolts so it's not a problem anymore and looks a lot better!

When you replace the bolts I always put a dab of copper grease on the threads...makes it easier the next time you have to take them out.

Mine have been off plenty in the last year........off at the moment actually.....n'ah n'ah ;)

like its something we do every week..lol
If you did it every week you wouldn't need copper grease. lol It's good practice in my opinon (although I am not a trained mechanic). I work on my cars most days. I ha ve only owned a micra for a few weeks and I have already benefited from copper greasing bolts and screws. I guess it depends how much work you do to your car and how long you intend to keep it.

On replacing mine as we speek and i got all the bolts out with ease bar one little stubborn *!!*!!*%*!! and cant get it out. i have a fresh painted rocker to go on aswell:( might pop along to the local garage see if they will take it out.

Impact screw driver done the trick:) last layer of laqure for the rocker cover then she should be ready:)

Back