rocker cover gasket. with or without goo?

CMF_Schnapper

» CMF Member
Anyone use gasket sealant with new rocker cover gaskets?

I wasnt going to but the old one had heaps of the stuff... making me think someone tried to reuse an old gasket? Which is why it was leaking/needing replacement?

CMF_Schnapper

» CMF Member
While we're at it... how the fudge do i get the cover off on the underside of the rocker cover. I heard it was hard... and now I find no screw holes.... Im not drilling out all these things am I?

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
What the hell are you on about in the second post? And with the new gasket put goo in the corners and on the arch where the dizzy sits

CMF_Schnapper

» CMF Member
Have you looked under the inside of a rocker cover when you take it off? I've got to get at the spark plug seals and there seems to be no way to pull the plate off which is holding them in. apart from drilling the little rivet like things.

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
You don't need to take that cover off! I didn't take it off I just pried it out with a screw driver or a punch through the top can't remember

CMF_Schnapper

» CMF Member
Oh so the seals come out without the need to take the cover off? Awesome. that's the info I was looking for ;) also, another satisfied throttle body resolder customer right here! Worked a charm.

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Schnapper WROTE:

"Oh so the seals come out without the need to take the cover off? Awesome. that's the info I was looking for ;) also, another satisfied throttle body resolder customer right here! Worked a charm.

Yeah mate, just when you put the new seals in use rubber grease or fresh oil

Back