Roasting!

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Well its 32 degrees at my desk, absolutly unbearable. Anyone else being roasted alive or got any tips for cooling down?

Ive got a desk fan which is just blowing hot air around

Arnold said:
Well its 32 degrees at my desk, absolutly unbearable. Anyone else being roasted alive or got any tips for cooling down?

Ive got a desk fan which is just blowing hot air around

Strip lol :D

I've been told i'm not allowed to wear shorts - well sod that if girls can wear next to nothing - so am i - so a dress it is!

Allan said:
Strip lol :D

Lol!! well Yesterday we were told we could dress down today, so i came in wearing a T shirt and shorts and got told off!!! Apparently we're only allowed short sleeve shirts! (I wear short sleeve ones anyway)

Absolute joke it really is. I work in I.T so shouldnt have to wear a suit anyway, i dont know anyone else who works in I.T that does!

Temp now gone up to 32.1

Tell me about it, i have to wear aa shirt and tie, and the girls are aloud skirts and tops with no tie...GRR?!

Arnold said:
Lol!! well Yesterday we were told we could dress down today, so i came in wearing a T shirt and shorts and got told off!!! Apparently we're only allowed short sleeve shirts! (I wear short sleeve ones anyway)

Absolute joke it really is. I work in I.T so shouldnt have to wear a suit anyway, i dont know anyone else who works in I.T that does!

Temp now gone up to 32.1
I don't :D

Sitting here in a pair of shorts and a Sensible Soccer World Class T-shirt :D

i love it hot... its beautiful, everyones happy and relaxed etc...but the best thing is that ladies dont wear much at all...

the sun comes out and so does the ladies...

i dont work week days i'd hate to be in during this weather... so im gonna have a cold drink and think of you guys, roasting...

mean micra said:
so im gonna have a cold drink and think of you guys, roasting...

Git! :p

I like hot too - when im not in an office! Temp is rising still, now 32.2. Certainly feels it thats for sure.

News of my T shirt is spreading round the office lol. Its just too hot to do any work. I'd rather be cold in here and put more clothes on, its just impossible to cool down

yea i work in a office as well, the dress code they impose is quite unfair considering the heat is unbearable.

not allowed anything apart from short sleeve shirts, thinner trousers. we can be exempt from ties and suit coat but it really doesnt help. im just glad we've got a bit of air-con in the office.

anyway i would prefer the weather to be this hot than really cold and wet in the winter.

wilsonian said:
I've been told i'm not allowed to wear shorts - well sod that if girls can wear next to nothing - so am i - so a dress it is!

LMFAO!!

the joys of being a home carer means im out side a lot so glad i dont work in an officve anymore

Paul I wanna see this!!

I work in a small office so we're overlooked when aircon units are bought for staff! Not anymore, we've just conned one out of the guy who buys them as he's leaving soon!

paul just wear a boob tube and frilly skirt with no panties... im sure you'll feel better...

isnt their any legislation helping us to refuse to work in certain conditions unless they provide things like ac and cold drinks...

i know at our place we get free drinks all day and are allowed to wear standard dsg 1/2 shirts then anything below the waste...so i wear smart black shorts.

mean micra said:
isnt their any legislation helping us to refuse to work in certain conditions unless they provide things like ac and cold drinks...

I already contacted health and safety and there's no maximum working temperature in place for office conditions, only a minimum! Bad eh.

Employers have to provide water and there is no high temp but a low temp.

Trade unions are looking into getting a high temp installed....

paul just wear a boob tube and frilly skirt with no panties... im sure you'll feel better...

I thought I saw you in blues on friday... way to go with the shaved legs ;)

I clocked off early today, the decking I was working on was so hot it was scorching my feet. We ended up spraying each other down with a pressure washer - the blast of air and the cold water is undescribably good in this heat :grinning:

Arnold said:

Temp now gone up to 32.1

You know someone else now.

Today i came in, in black trousers, short sleeved shirt and i have 2 large industrial fans blowing strait at me :)

Kinda nice :D

Krian said:
We ended up spraying each other down with a pressure washer - the blast of air and the cold water is undescribably good in this heat :grinning:

We have a hosepipe ban too and have done so for over a year!! Does sound nice tho..

Anyway, im on flexy time today so i'l be off errrr Now!!! going to roast in my car instead of here.

it may be recored temps down there but i still say monday was the hottest day of the week, up here anyways! today has been mildest i think! glad to hear storms are on way lol :D

I wear what I blooming want in this weather, an important guy from Philips is in today and I'm wearing a tshirt saying "save water drink beer"!

What I'm hating is I'm that hot I'm sweting, swet all day and you start to smell!
There's like 20 uber fine Polish girls downstairs and several in the call centre, this isn't gonna impress them!

gotta love my work, i can turn up wearing just my boxers if i wanted plus everywhere is airconned... wud still rather be outside tho! :down:

Arnold said:
We have a hosepipe ban too and have done so for over a year!! Does sound nice tho..

"Current legislation only allows for restrictions on the watering of private gardens and the washing of private motor cars."

In otherwords you can use a hosepipe for cleaning your house/driveway etc, or for spraying yourself down in hot weather :D Just as long as your dont water the garden or wash the car your good.

Sutton and East Surrey water have gone one better than that for me!

...Any water supplied by the Company (whether by meter or not) for any of the following purposes:
  1. the watering, by hosepipe, sprinkler or other similar apparatus, of -
    (i) gardens (other than market gardens), including lawns, verges and other landscaped areas;
    (ii) allotments;
    (iii) parks; or
    (iv) any natural or artificial surfaces used for sport or recreation; whether publicly or privately owned;
  2. the filling (whether wholly or partially) of privately owned swimming pools, other than -
    (i) pools designed to be used in the course of a programme of medical treatment;
    (ii) the filling of pools where necessary in the course of their construction;
  3. the filling (whether wholly or partially) of ornamental ponds other than fish ponds;
  4. the operation of mechanical vehicle washers, whether automatic or not, with the exception of those which recycle water and as a consequence use less than 23 litres of mains water per vehicle;
  5. the washing by hosepipe, sprinkler or other similar apparatus, of road vehicles boats, railway rolling stock or aircraft for any reason other than safety or hygiene.
  6. the cleaning of the exterior of buildings, other than windows;
  7. the cleaning of windows by hosepipe, sprinkler or other similar apparatus which is connected directly to the mains supply;
  8. the operation of ornamental fountains or cascades, including those where water is recycled; and
  9. the operation, in relation to any building or other premises, of any cistern which flushes automatically, during any period when those premises are wholly or substantially unoccupied.
Hooray for drought orders!!

In court today it was so hot (and the air-con broke down) that they didnt have to wear there wigs and gowns. Bloody jury service!

paddymarsden said:
we have to industrial air con units :D cool to 16degrees c and btw its 36 degrees here

Sounds very nice!

well shortly after i left work, i was roasted in my K10 - Temperature read 44.3 degrees! (got a picture somewhere). The stupid bloody thing broke down - Apparently in extreme heat, the starters can stick, so i was stuck there for 15 mins trying to get it going. Not happy!!!

well i repair jewellery in a workshop full of gas torches..and a room full of 80 degrees ultrasonics and spinners....we dont have aircon
its a job you have to rush about to get all the van runs out on time so no slacking on the net like you lot!!!!!!

only tomorow left then im off for JAE and the week after :D

oh..ive heard a warm drink helps cool you down :S

If you splash vodka on your face its the best thing in the world for cooling yourself down, and when it gets too cold, drink it to go warm again...
I have aircon in work at 18c so its cold for me :D

health and safety what a waste of time. working on a building site you have to wear trouses in case your legs get muddy or splashed, you can't have a radio as the channel may offened someone else, and you have to wear a hi-vis and hard hat all the time. likely the site agent at the moment is being slack cause of the heat so shorts no hard hats or hi-vis or shirt if you want. but the one that will always be there, the radio if that as to go then so do all the staff. can't miss radio one

The drinks quote is true, warm drinks cool you down as your body doesn't need to warm it up to body temp b4 digesting it. Cold drink's however make your body work harder as it needs to be warmed up first to match your body temp!!

It was 30.2 in our office when i left work at 1pm, and rising, we don't have air con and the roof is transparent. So basicly i work in a greenhouse!!! The patient's suffer the most, and some even fall asleep in the heat!! Not good!!

It was 91f today at work in the warehouse, but I wasn't in the warehouse, the boss made me load containers today, big steel containers that have been sitting out in the yard all week, when we opened the doors on them the temperature was an incredible 136f inside, we had to leave them open with fans inside and hose the outsides down with cold water before we could load them.

i woke up to the sound of rain - i love that :D

Only problem is i was sounding like darth vader after swiming the channel - asthma is annoying in this weather!

The temp in my take away is. . . . . . . HOT HOT HOT!!

We have 5 burners, and there not your household ones, They are jets!!!

My next take away is going to have AC in it!!!

i think my worst experience in the heat was working in a garden centre. i thought i would pass out and the rabbits and guineas suffered. A GIANT GREENHOUSE. we got free slushies from the restaurant. and half the plants died anyway... any hoo

i was in egypt in the middle of July so you are all being big babies :p

was 48c when i left, and ive got burnt feet as a souvenier

Back