RHD to LHD?

Hello everyone! I'm new here. :)

I was wondering, would it be hard to convert an ST into left hand drive? What should be done and where could there be problems? Could the necessary parts be taken from a LHD Micra Super S?

PS. Where is the fourth cylinder hidden in the ST engine..?

:D I think it should be possible with a normal micra which is lhd... just put the lhd parts such as dash in and then change the steering rack and I think the braking system is on the other side... should be job which could be possibly done on one weekend

All the cylinders are hidden lol inside the engine.

The forth plug lead is the passanger side of the turbo out let, it the shape of the rocker cover that is decieving, its to allow room for the turbo outlet and Y pipe to the supercharger and bypass valve

Would they not have different bulkheads? Or are they just blanked out?

the bulkhead is different, you would have to take the one from an LHD k10 micra and weld it in.

you may have problems getting the master cylinder to fit,

the bulkhead is different, you would have to take the one from an LHD k10 micra and weld it in.

you may have problems getting the master cylinder to fit,
why should they be different? I see no reason for a totally different one. I think you can easily modify the existing one

Check Nikolais K11 RHD to LHD conversion.

He has had to cut the firewall out to put the LHD stuff in.

why should they be different? I see no reason for a totally different one. I think you can easily modify the existing one

They are obviously different man. brake master cylinder, speedo and clutch cables come out on the drivers side on a rhd car and loom and aircon pipe work and fuel lines and rear brake lines and on the passo side they are completely different and would take someone who knows what they are doing to change all that around.

They are obviously different man. brake master cylinder, speedo and clutch cables come out on the drivers side on a rhd car and loom and aircon pipe work and fuel lines and rear brake lines and on the passo side they are completely different and would take someone who knows what they are doing to change all that around.
I know, but where is the problem? I don't get it. If you already have a lhd micra to convert it, where is the problem? The brake master cylinder is just on a other place, just change it and bolt it on the place where it is on the lhd. use the lhd brakepipes and so on. I have a hole in my lhd bulkhead where the clutch cable and the speedo cable comes out on the rhd. so I think it should be the same with the rhd. it should have the mounting points and holes of both, lhd and rhd. rear brake lines have nothing to do with the bulkhead, fuel lines? why not keep them where they are? the engine is not turned 180° :D then same with the aircon... The only difficult thing is the steering rack!

:D I would make it totally different... I would get a lhd micra in the same color, swap the bumpers and bonnet and then just put the engine with all bolt ons in and change the loom and the braking system/ suspension... This would be faster.

I think the problem is, you are also driving rhd cars, you have never seen a lhd bulkhead.

I know, but where is the problem? I don't get it. If you already have a lhd micra to convert it, where is the problem? The brake master cylinder is just on a other place, just change it and bolt it on the place where it is on the lhd. use the lhd brakepipes and so on. I have a hole in my lhd bulkhead where the clutch cable and the speedo cable comes out on the rhd. so I think it should be the same with the rhd. it should have the mounting points and holes of both, lhd and rhd. rear brake lines have nothing to do with the bulkhead, fuel lines? why not keep them where they are? the engine is not turned 180° :D then same with the aircon... The only difficult thing is the steering rack!

:D I would make it totally different... I would get a lhd micra in the same color, swap the bumpers and bonnet and then just put the engine with all bolt ons in and change the loom and the braking system/ suspension... This would be faster.

I think the problem is, you are also driving rhd cars, you have never seen a lhd bulkhead.

Some of the stuff you mention does make sense and some does not, If your changing a super turbo shell to lhd it would not be that simple. Also I rather have an original shell and convert it than reshell into a lhd k10, Its not an st anymore(Y)

Back