rev speedo conversion...

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
There are pictures posted in some threads about 1-2 weeks ago & others a few months ago.
There are two different wiring loom versions, UK-Europe-Australia & Japan-NZ.
All use the same electrical plugs but from all accounts there are some wires that may be connected differently.
My K11 did not have the signal wire from the ECU in the loom between a plug close to the ECU & the plug into the back of the cluster, all others I've seen have had the wire.
The cluster I obtained was from an automatic, so it had a PRND21 indicator on the speedo. I swapped the speedo from my non rev counter cluster into the rev counter cluster.
Aside from this, it was plug & play.

I have no idea about the cost in Greece. In NZ, NZ$24 comes to mind from a pull it yourself wrecker.
Typically it would take about about an hour to swap if you've never taken the instrument cluster out before. If I was racing against the clock, 5 minutes.
There are at least 3 different versions of the dash board with variations on the location & number of screws that you have to take out to remove the cluster.

This information & some pictures & any other information from previous posts need putting in the articles section.

nz_aj WROTE:

"There are pictures posted in some threads about 1-2 weeks ago & others a few months ago.<BR>There are two different wiring loom versions, UK-Europe-Australia & Japan-NZ.<BR>All use the same electrical plugs but from all accounts there are some wires that may be connected differently.<BR>My K11 did not have the signal wire from the ECU in the loom between a plug close to the ECU & the plug into the back of the cluster, all others I've seen have had the wire.<BR>The cluster I obtained was from an automatic, so it had a PRND21 indicator on the speedo. I swapped the speedo from my non rev counter cluster into the rev counter cluster. <BR>Aside from this, it was plug & play.<BR><BR>I have no idea about the cost in Greece. In NZ, NZ$24 comes to mind from a pull it yourself wrecker.<BR>Typically it would take about about an hour to swap if you've never taken the instrument cluster out before. If I was racing against the clock, 5 minutes.<BR>There are at least 3 different versions of the dash board with variations on the location & number of screws that you have to take out to remove the cluster.<BR><BR>This information & some pictures & any other information from previous posts need putting in the articles section.

dunno about the rest, but my jdm cluster had to have different plugs wired on ... so jdm plugs are different to aussie spec plugs and wiring is also completely different.

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
i just bought a uk cluster from site emmber frank 2 for 20 punds cost me about 60 aud after shipping and it took me about 15 mins to install all wires lined up fine... everything worked with no modification... thats what i call plug and play!! only problem is its meaured in mph... although its got kmph on the inside but smaller..

pretty sweet DIY conversion!!

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
UK & australia are the same as I said above.

There are several past threads talking about fitting JDM cluster into UK-Australian K11. These all show pictures with the same plugs used & people report the same plugs fitting.
As I said above, some of the wires are connected differently.

Anyone keen to colate all the information & get it into the articles section?

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Hopefully there'll be no need - I should now own a domain which i'm going to place a wiki system on (see wikipedia.org for an example if you don't know what i'm on about). There's been a growing need for this and the articles section just hasn't been getting updated.

No doubt you'll be able to provide some invaluable information for us once I manage to get the system going live.

---dens

Back