Rev Counter (non Micra)

K10Daz

RIP Colin McRae 1968-2007
Well once again im turning to my fellow motor enthusiasts!
My girlfriends bought a rev counter for her lil Punto, I followed the wiring diagram and wired it all up, but it only sits at half the revs because it is a split coil on the puntos..My question is, is there another point to which i could wire it in? Or an adaptor that i could get for the rev counter?

Cheers in advance.

Daz :alien:

personally id try doing a search on punto sites. i know alotta fiestas have this problem aswell and it is resolved by tapping into another wire.

iv been onto two punto owners forums, but none of them seem as busy as the MSC and i know ppl like Ed and others know a lot more about the electronics of other cars too, not just micras.

Daz :alien:

Many counters have settings for how many cylinders a car has, and odd ignition configurations are becomming more common. Therefor there are a few options. Really the best one is to change the rpm counter for one that can read the signals correctly. There are other ways, and it is probably possible to do with diodes but it would need to be tried first. The other is many ecus have a dedicated RPM output, find this wire and connect it to that.

Ed

well i know some models of the mk2 punto actually had rev counter so there must be a way somehow. ill look into the ECU theory. Cheers mate

i noticed something on punto sport (im so bored atm) about a blue wire coming from the ecu, tbh im sure theres something on that site if you cba to comb through it carefully lol

Back