Rev Counter Help

Bence_Fs

Wha Tank
Figured ill get round to fitting my rev counter tomoro, bought a tim's one almost a year ago and still havnt got round to fitting it.

only thing im a bit dodgy about is hiding the wiring. if i mount it ontop of the dash then where can i possibly hide the wires?

does anyone have photos of their Guages in the car?
need some ideas where to hide them lol

thanks in advance :)

Here's a photo of mine.
dsc00655.JPG

Sits above the steering column, wires run down behind the steering column to the headunit (where I've tapped in for power).

Like the look of your Rev counter,

are your wires hidden or do they run infront of the dials?

Ive thought about tapping into the power of my head unit but...
ive already got my neons running of that.
Does anyone know if fitting the rev counter, and my footwell neons to the same feed of the head unit will be too much drain or will it work ok?

The wires run down the side then quickly tuck in to the gap between the steering column and the dash. You only see like 2" of wiring.

I think it should be ok, really depends how much amp the neons and tacho will be drawing.

Here in AUS you be in trouble if you obscured your speedo like that if i'm not mistaken. I've got the same gauge in my micra, fitted it not too long ago.

I used the back of a spare fuse I had, found a fuse spot that wasn't used in my LX that supplied 12V, and piggybacked a wire on the back of that fuse.

Because I don't have aircon or anything, i've got a few places on the passenger side of the firewall which I could navigate the RPM sensing wire through. Was just behind the glove box. Routed the wire down the bottom of the drivers side A-Pillar and down near the fusebox for power. The RPM sensing wire just went through the dash to hide it, then out the firewall.

The sensing wire is crimped onto the negative wire of the coil. Good luck with it.

---dens

The sensing wire is crimped onto the negative wire of the coil. Good luck with it.

---dens[/QUOTE]

Hiya mate
Mines all installed apart from the censoring wire, can't see on the picture above which wire it is. Have you got a better pic or cud u tell me what wire it is. Cheers mate

Just curious question, for my facelift micra ive splice into the wire near the ecu that would normally send a signal to a factory rev counter (mine does not come with one factory), is there not a similar wire on the pre-facelifts rather than going through the bulk head then wiring on to the coil??

Hiya mate
Mines all installed apart from the censoring wire, can't see on the picture above which wire it is. Have you got a better pic or cud u tell me what wire it is. Cheers mate

From memory there's only two wires there. A blue/white one and the black one. Crimp onto the blue/white one and that's it!

---dens

Yes you could take from the ECU on any micra, and infact that is what I would do rather than messing about with a wire in the engine bay.

Ed

Just curious question, for my facelift micra ive splice into the wire near the ecu that would normally send a signal to a factory rev counter (mine does not come with one factory), is there not a similar wire on the pre-facelifts rather than going through the bulk head then wiring on to the coil??

exactly where is this wire? any photos or a nice explanation :) I have a rev counter but havent installed it yet cause I am a bit scared of hooking it up to the coil :)

Back