Retrofit Fuel Cap

To remove te original one you just take the plastic nut off behind the petrol cap and pull through from the boot behind the bootliner

Fitting the fuel flap and catch is easy, fitting the cable and release leaver is a little more involved - it requires the interior out, time heavy but not particularly tricky. Mine is released from inside the boot. Which is a bit of a pain, but better than having a lock on the filler flap. The realese leaver fits to captive nuts welded to the inner sill, which are not present on my fairly early L spec, but you might be lucky and find that later production runs all had the captive nuts, or you might have to get inventive and use a self tapper and be a bit careful with how rough you are with the leaver. You'll want to get the boot release cables and catch when you get the fuel flap and catch. It's all operated from the same lever.

You'll find the outline for the release lever pressed on the inner sill. I removed the drivers seat chain drilled and filed the hole out and fitted 2 flush 6mm rivnuts like Nissan to fix it in place. Passenger rear side trim needs to come out, but you only need to lift the rear seat to lay the cable under. I bonded some clips under the seat to hold it but it's not required really.

Back