Results Day

B

Ben

Anyone else awaiting there A-level results on Thursday? Im bricking it, i hope i meet the requirements of my uni offers. Its such a stressful thing, applying to uni, then applying for finance grrr - rumour has it you can get ur results online tomorrow night

yeah im awaiting them in the hope of uni to, only looking for 120 ucas points though which is on two D's. Know any more about this rumour about them being posted online?

get mine aswell on thursday, i only need 160 points which is about a double CC..should all be alright though.

where is everyone planning on going to uni? i am going to southampton.

Curdy said:
I'm gonna be going to southamton institute, hope to see your car zipping around down there glenn :upside:

hahaha, what subject you gonna be studying?! dont think i will be able to take the car is like 300 odd quid i think to park it in the car parks provided..bit steep really seein as i wont use it much, or i dont think i will need it that much, shall see how it goes though

depends what i get, if i get the double c in business then hopefully do business studies if i get a cd then business management, if i get a double d or below then i am screwed! lol

cant wait to get there now, freshers week will be well good :p

i havent yet either, i just know it will be a blur lol not sure if it is for 2 weeks or just a week though, sure we will find out loads more information once we get our results and all that stuff sorted out.

120! i need 260 ! for Forensics at Northumbria - im not going away from home, screw that - free rent etc! I also got offers from Bristol and Teeside too but turned them down! Cant touch this doo doo doo doo (imagine the baggy pants etc). Anyway yeah apparently if you go to ucas track tomorrow the results will b on there, am gonna hang on till thursday me thinks

you'l get a student union freshers guide, it a day by day guide to all thats happening, if your lucky you'l get timmy mallet and patsharp some time in you freshers week, abi titmus does a uni tour as well, freshers week is sick, and you dont actualy need that much money, prices are stupidly cheap in the unions, and theres some dodge games to, and lists at ours, you put your name and address on a list, and they come for you the next day, knock you up and do various stuf, custard pies on camera and stuf, thats only for the people living in the student acomodation tho

im not a happy bunny with all this waiting crap or the fact that the government are trying to pass a bill saying that we should take a minimum of 6 subjects at Alevel.or the fact that every paper is gonna say exams are getting easier, so if we do well its coz the exams are p*ss and if we do badly, we are more stupid than we thought.

Good luck people - I went through all this last year! :)

Layla, what are you on about? Are you taking A-levels or not?!

The '6 subjects' doesnt apply to A-levels, but the new system that they want to introduce :)

i could have done 6 if i wasnt so lazy, the amount of free lessons i had was unbelievable and i done 4. I was doing 5 but dropped it because i wanted more free time, if i was a bit more self motivated i could have done 6

just my experience but if u dont get the points u wanted 4 ur course try blag ur way through :) b4 choosing the thing from the papers cant remember the name of it now tho i dont even have a english gcse at C grade didnt even get enough for my actual degree course but im on my final yr of uni :p

you on about clearence zephyr? yer i agree, if you dont get what you want, you can always write a letter and say that you realy want to do it, and you believe you can pass the course, then you'l probley get and interview, but most uni's do foundation years for subjects now, just incase you dont get the results you can still do that subject at the uni you want

yeh im on about that clearance thing its been years now n cant remember n not caring bout edu 2 much lol im such a lazy bugger havent been in this yr for more than a month but i still passed better than some people who have like 90%+ attendance uni dont teach u nothing u teach urself in the end
but i remember i was a fair bit off the asking entrance points for my degree bu called up n spoke to the guy spoke some crap n hey next thing im on the degree course i didnt work my ass off to get into lol

my cousin is doing a hnd which is kinda crap hes passed his first 2 yrs but his end choice is only one option! compared to my degree like 7options or something stoopid. there is a topup course thing i think ur on about tho (that foundation thing) i aint sure if its the same as the hnd level or such but i think it might b similar

got mine!! did sooooo much better than i was expected to do, got bc in business and a u in psychology :p still going though..cant wait to get there now and get settled..:)

Im in whoohoo - did worse than i expected but still got in to my first choice - im so chuffed - my mate got 4 A's grrr

i needed CCC, i got ABB, with both B being one mark off an A so both being sent back. im sure they only do it to get the remark fee :p im doing MA(hons) Literary Linguistics at Dundee. 3 weeks to go then you are all rid of me!

i needed 260 but they let me in with 230 whoohoo - still buzzin now, i got my acceptance letter just as i was walking out this monring and thought it would b bad luck to open it, anyway never so i got my exam results and realised i was 30 points short and i was gutted - decided to open my letter and there it was - accepted - buzzin and my gramps just give me £40 whoohoo

Glenn said:
Curdy said:
I'm gonna be going to southamton institute, hope to see your car zipping around down there glenn :upside:

hahaha, what subject you gonna be studying?! dont think i will be able to take the car is like 300 odd quid i think to park it in the car parks provided..bit steep really seein as i wont use it much, or i dont think i will need it that much, shall see how it goes though

Guess I will see the both of you at some point next year then?

Craig said:
Glenn said:
Curdy said:

Guess I will see the both of you at some point next year then?

yeah sure you will see both of us about, should be well good, whats the night life in southampton like? do you actually go southampton institue or are you just living there?

I go to the uni :p
Nightlife is pretty good, lots of bars etc, clubs are a bit pikey, but can't complain with the union etc, you know where you will be living yet?

Back