Replacing the front shock absorbers.

Oops, forgot I was in local mode :oops:. Files currently uploading... :D.

Mmm... was perfect for a 200 miles or so and last night it started making a horrible knocking and clonking noise from the drivers side front suspension. Couldn't borrow my dad's car so booked an emergency day off...

Took it to Halfords to get a 3/8 drive 6mm allen bit to make future jobs easier and try and listen to the problem more and it seems a lot better but still a definite clonking I can just about feel through the steering sometimes. All the bolts etc are were tightened to Nissan torque specs and are still tight - could it be the strut bearing at the top? They looked pretty ratty and are made out of plastic :eek:.

Cheers Daren. Just jacked the front up and had a good look round with a torch - everything fine. Waggled and jiggled the wheels - no play. Took em off and looked up and down the struts up to the strut bearing - all looks fine. Mysterious stuff o_O.

its that nut behing the steering wheel :D
some knocks dont reveal themselves when you jack the car up/full drop eh guy, and you have to get someone to shake the top of the wheel while you look underneath

Lol, that's very true Frank. I need a small child with a go-pro to climb around the car while I go for a slow drive :D.

Back