Replacing K11 clutch.

Hey guys, I'm planning on replacing the CA10 in my K11 for a CG13, and doing the clutch at the same time.

Is the stock clutch kit good enough or is there one you guys recommend? And is there anything that sould be replaced at the same time?

I'm hoping to get the fly wheel lightened too, is there person to speak to for one of those on here or is google my best friend for that?

its the little 160mm one then mate, they slip at about 100hp.
options are a hybrid 170/180mm one like mine, or the bigger f/w, g/box and shafts etc :)

Lol the wife makes sure my self control stays in check.

I was thinking of an air filter, new exhaust and manifold and anything else sensible. Im not going to turbo it though.

Im not going to turbo it though.
heh, i can remember saying that :rolleyes:
i would stick with the smaller gearbox/shafts etc personally mate (mine are holding up to the punishment so far) and the LUK hybrid clutch is easy to build, as and when :)

clutches.jpg

I'll follow your advice then. I know so little about all this stuff its a joke. Luckily there's a car club at work with ramps and things, and responsible adults to look after me lol.

The clutch is getting pretty noisy so it'll need doing soon.

and the early flywheel is pretty easy to machine and balance steven, there is only a shallow dish, so a bearing fitted into the middle will run very freely

Hopefully someone at work will be able to do that, I'm in the RAF and based at Brize so theres plenty of people who have access to lathes and stuff. I'm sure for either Jaffa Cakes or beer they'll do a side job.

There's a fair few clutch kits on eBay, are they all pretty much the same? Or is there one thats better?
i,ve only ever use partworn LUK (oem) ones personally steven, i tried an exedy partworn 160mm one but that slipped at about 90hp (the diaphram was made from thinner spring steel)

Back