replacing central locking unit in drivers door

Hello all, does anyone have any info on replacing the central locking control unit also known I believe as the door actuator on a 2005 3 door k12, as I have previously posted I have a problem with a buzzing noise when locking the car using the remote. I have recently purchased another unit which comes with the two cables but looking at the cable which attaches to the door handle this looks tricky, does anyone have any tips on the best way to go about fitting this item? Thanks for any help.

Hello all, does anyone have any info on replacing the central locking control unit also known I believe as the door actuator on a 2005 3 door k12, as I have previously posted I have a problem with a buzzing noise when locking the car using the remote. I have recently purchased another unit which comes with the two cables but looking at the cable which attaches to the door handle this looks tricky, does anyone have any tips on the best way to go about fitting this item? Thanks for any help.

Hi there, did you manage to get it fixed as I am having the same problem. Both of my front doors are making a stupid grinding/crunching noise when I lock the doors. No problem when unlocking.

Thanks

Hello, I did get it fixed but it was done by a person who lives close, he charged me £15 which I thought was excellent, I shudder to think what the main stealers would charge. I would try local people who repair cars. Hope you get it sorted.

Hello, I did get it fixed but it was done by a person who lives close, he charged me £15 which I thought was excellent, I shudder to think what the main stealers would charge. I would try local people who repair cars. Hope you get it sorted.

Hi thanks for the reply, so did that person change the actuators or just lubricate the locks and lock mechanism with some wd40. Did he tell you what he did to fix the problem and has it stopped making that loud buzzing noise when you lock the doors.

Thanks

Hello again, I purchased a second hand unit from a person who was breaking a k12 micra which was the same model as mine it came complete with all the cables and the car has been fine since, I only had the drivers door actuator replaced, I just had them swopped over, hope this helps?

Hello again, I purchased a second hand unit from a person who was breaking a k12 micra which was the same model as mine it came complete with all the cables and the car has been fine since, I only had the drivers door actuator replaced, I just had them swopped over, hope this helps?

Hi there, thanks for your reply. looks like I am going to have to replace both front right and left door actuators. I thought I might be able to get away with spraying some wd40 into door lock mechanism however looking on this forum and others, it seems to be a common problem and the door actuators need replacing. Thank you and appreciate your time helping me.

Take care

Back