renault parts for k12

R

RIK

we all know the 160sr shares alot of parts with the clio,,including the engine,i want to find out a coulpe of things, :D

which clio is it? shape? year?

and would it make sense just to buy parts made and sold for the clio like the air filter for example..just like people buy the turbo manifold made for the cube to fit to a k11

to me it wil save time asking firms to design things because the clio boys allready done the hard work :D

so what things do you know of that is out for the clio and not the 160sr,,manifold? cams? same chisis so is their a set of coliover/springs out on the shelfs allready

all i know is,their aint any parts in the uk for the 160sr yet unless its from japan or too expensive,,,but i do know parts for the clio will be cheaper :D

bearing in mind that the 160sr has only been out a couple of months i dont think the manufacturers have had enough demand for parts because it took k&n nearly 3 years to make an air filter for it so i reckon if u wait a year or so u will probably be able to get loads of things for it

Whats the engine code for it and ill ask around at work, or look in my tech brief and see what i can get for ya bud!

hr16de

just been on cliosport site and they never heard of it sharing engine and chasis with a clio :S

the K12 was meant to be the platform for the next Clio (the one that just came out) but i'm doubting that more and more seeing the new Clio. It's HUGE!!!!. They might share some componants but I don't think there's an awful lot that they do share. oh and HR16DE is a very nissan engine code. Engine series HR, 1.6litres, DOHC, Injection. IIRC my nissan codes.

they will share the same engine tho?? :s

i know the engine code is nissan,,but my car has a nissan badge on front and back,the log book says nissan but people say its french design and french parts???

bits of it'll be french but not all of it. In this lovely modern free trade world we live in it'll comprise of bits from all over Europe and the further world.

I shouldn't worry tho RIK, the french do make some good cars. And we'll only tease cos the K10 and K11 were out and out Japanese design. The K10's best though cos it was made over there too :p You don't see many similar aged European cars out on the road do you?

all EU spec micras share some renault parts...dont know what though...

the jdm march though is all nissan lol. If you've ever seen a march engine bay it looks a little different.

my advice for anyone buying a k12....buy an import there better! + in the 12sr and 15sr you get amazing bucket seats.

Back