Removing Struts

Just wondering how you guys remove the top nut off the strut, tried today but the rod just kept spinning on me, tried what i had in the tool box but to no avail (no vice grips in the box) any ideas.

I would tell you how I do it but for your safety I'd better not....

You could leave them on the car, take a trip to a friendly garage and ask them to loosen them for you

What you using the allen key for bud?
i compressed the spring before trying to turn the nut bud if thats what your getting at, just could not stop the rod spinning

I'm guessing yours have flat bar top then? Mine have an allen key bit at the top.
In that case I use swan neck spanner and chunky pliars :)

A cheeky cheap way for you.. the old plastic radiator pressure adjustment cap? Cut them down and pop them on the top :) I'll get you a pic in a mo

Cheers for the replys guys, yeah any pics would be good.. mole grips just gripping the bar? as usual when i need something i cant find it so couldnt try that...

20130604_202159_zpsb0b2490e.jpg

As simple as that :)
Trying to find something that small is a nightmare. In my bolt cleaning tray.. so its clean too :D

I had mine on my car and left them bolted in and then undid the strut nut then took the strut off the car then undid it piss easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back