Removing roughness of the paint

B

Ben

Right as some of you may know, car has recently come out of bodyshop and theres some areas of the bodywork where its just so rough. I.e. the actual bits that were sprayed i.e. boot, bonnet, bumper etc are smooth as but the front wings and some of the door and even the window has this thick layer on that makes it really rough. I dont know why its like this either. Ive tried everything to remove it and just can seem to, makes it awkward when its rainign as it was today too coz window smears loads. My dad reccomended mettalic t-cut?

Try a bit of turps on the windows - can't see how they managed tro get it all over there though!fwn

Take it back to where you had it done. You have a very shoddy paint job and it needs fixing. Its not your responserbility to do this. However before you say yeah but a friend did it really cheap, if this is the case then all too familiar story you get what you pay for, if not demand to have it sorted now.

Ed

its over spray and as Ed says it is their responsability. you will NOT get it off now without wetflatting it back. and this is a time consuming thing. and often over looked. ben i seriously suggest you do NOT do this yourself. you damage the paint work u pay to get it fixed, they damage they have to replace.

simple even if it does take time for them to get stuff done

yeah i understand and Ed no it wasnt a friend n it cost me an arm and a leg, they took the bumper, bonnet & skirts off to spray and that is fine, i just cant see how anything managed to get on to the wings coz the car was nowhere near the spraying area. The boot and back panels are fine too. Bonnet and bumper are smooth as, only thing is front wings and window

ah right - not worth the hassle lol - if i asked them id still be waiting for the car come december, maybes when back off hol n that al get it sorted

Back