Removing Red NATS Chip from key( want to install remote central locking)

macwillis

Ex. Club Member
I want to install remote central locking onto my K11 using one of the kits from R-Click
http://www.rclick.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=53&products_id=398

that one /\ but i dont want to have to carry 2 keys, i currently only have 1 key for the car and would like to transfer the red chip from the old key into the new one that comes with the kit.

how do i get it open to transfer it. its a standard key

photo2pei.jpg

remove the nats ignition ring from the ignition barrel (a big black disc) and tape your key into it and get a new key cut to your barrel or use the key in the set

(dont try and remove the red bit from the key it wont work and then it will be off to the dealer for a new key and code very expensive)

i work at a dealers and i would suggest you do the above.

remove the nats ignition ring from the ignition barrel (a big black disc) and tape your key into it and get a new key cut to your barrel or use the key in the set

(dont try and remove the red bit from the key it wont work and then it will be off to the dealer for a new key and code very expensive)

i work at a dealers and i would suggest you do the above.

That would be a very quick way to invalidate your insurance though, some insurance companies won't insure you if you have remote start on your alarm so this will be more frowned apon

its alright not going to bother with new keys now.

and there is no way i would effectually just bypass the immobilizer by taping the chip to the barrel.

thats just stupid.

you asked how to remove the chip, you cant remove it so i suggested a way to get around the immoblizer cheaply without removing all nats and getting an non nats ecu. as with insurance have you told them about all the mods you done then.

dont call some1 stupid you ask a question i gave you a solution.

I know it's an old thread, but it's easy to remove the chip.

The red (or blue) piece is a case. In the case is a small chip. Just carefully pry out the red/blue part with two small screwdrivers.

Back