Removing rear panel from back door

CMF_david (2)

» CMF Member
Does anyone know how to remove the metal sheet that is attached to the inside of th boot/back door? I have an annoying rattle coming from that area....what should I look for if anyone knows?

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
easy.... use a philips head scrwedriver to undo the plastic pins (they only loosen) when loose just pop them out with a flathead or pull them with pliers.

alternatively undo them all/loosen and then just pull on the metal cover and it should pop off

youl probably find that its just the metal on metal thats vibrating. easy fix with some double sided 3M tape or carpet between the gap

CMF_jay22

» CMF Member
you probably haven't undone the plastic screw properly.
if you turn the plastic screw and the plastic circle around it moves then your doing nothing. you have to hold and stop the outer piece moving. just put your finger on the outer piece and unscrew.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
The scrivets don't always come out of the thread like they're meant to - just get a finger underneath the head of the plastic screw while you're unscrewing it. They'll just spin in their place if you try to unscrew it how it is now.

By pulling the screw upwards or to one side it'll be able to either grab some thread to undo or it'll very loosely catch thread when unscrewing and it'll just come out.

---dens

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
mipcar WROTE:

"While your at it. If your car is not an Series 2, go to Nissan and buy yourself the inside hatch handle kit.<BR>You make a cutout in that panel you are removing and fit in the plastic handle insert.<BR><BR>Mychael
Won't work mychael. The series 1 don't usually have the extra little piece inside the rear hatch which the handle actually secures to.

deNs WROTE:

"The scrivets don't always come out of the thread like they're meant to - just get a finger underneath the head of the plastic screw while you're unscrewing it. They'll just spin in their place if you try to unscrew it how it is now.<BR><BR>By pulling the screw upwards or to one side it'll be able to either grab some thread to undo or it'll very loosely catch thread when unscrewing and it'll just come out.<BR><BR>---dens

Or be like me. Rip the bastards out and then realise that you can't actually buy scrivets in the correct size anymore. :p

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Hence why you stock up on the ones that come on the micra when you see one at a wreckers :p It's very handy to have a stockpile of the things as they tend to break pretty easily sometimes.

---dens

CMF_bethpegs

» CMF Member
haha. i pulled mine out, padded the little plate thing with thin foam stuff then realised those scrivets wouldnt fit anymore... so i bought some new ones, which didnt fit properly... so i just jammed it all in. it stopped squeaking, but there're still stacks more!

Back