Removing "nissan" badge on the boot

CMF_Wilzy

» CMF Member
hiya guys,
i was just wonering if any of you have attempted to remove the "nissan" badge and other badges on the boot of a 1995 k11 micra. if you have, is there holes behind it?? or is it just stuck on?
is it reasonably simple to remove with a knife? or any othr methods you would recomend?
cheers

CMF_MicraNut

» CMF Member
wilzy WROTE:

"hiya guys, <BR>i was just wonering if any of you have attempted to remove the "nissan" badge and other badges on the boot of a 1995 k11 micra. if you have, is there holes behind it?? or is it just stuck on?<BR>is it reasonably simple to remove with a knife? or any othr methods you would recomend?<BR>cheers

I think it may just be stuck on with adhesive (not sure though). My 1998 K11 nissan badge is stuck on the boot. Top tip: if it is stuck on with adhesive try using a hair-dryer that is switched on to fully hot and hold over the badge (don't hold hairdryer too close to paintwork as it could affect it) for about 5 mins to loosen the adhesive it should then just peel off (used this method to remove stickers from my caravan and it worked!!!). If the sticker doesn't peel off just give it more hairdryer torture treatment until it does!

CMF_Wilzy

» CMF Member
cheers m8 im just worried that it is held in with something else other than an adhesive. i dont want to tear if off to find holes underneath!!
i really need someone to tell me whether there are holes underneath that badge!!
cheers

CMF_MicraNut

» CMF Member
wilzy WROTE:

"i just found out the hard way that it isnt only stuck onwith tape!!<BR>there are two pins from the badge that go into the body aswell!!<BR>

That's a bit of a pain in the butt then! Why do you want to remove the badge?

CMF_my_micra000

» CMF Member
ive literally just de-badged my 1994 K11 today, and it is held on with the mother of all adheasives, and there are two holes behind it...
I removed mine with a very thin screwdriver just behind the badge and basically pulled it off...
the adheasive crap comes off with a combination of 'Cillit Bang' 'Nailpolish Remover' and alot of scrubbing (Cillit Bang, and the Nailpolish remover took the paint off though...)
As for the holes, i filled these with some Knifing Putty, and smoothed it over.
It took about half hour to get the badges off, but its worth it because it makes the car look a lot 'Meaner'
:)

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
Other people have used dental floss rather than fishing line.
A couple of small plastic or rubber grommets would fill the holes.
I've filled some badge holes on a white car with thick white house paint before, built up & across over a couple of applications.
When I've done this before, the badge areas have all been double skinned so getting to the back is not easy.
I might have been able to put some tape at the back of some of the holes to help the paint bridge.

Back