Remote Central Locking

Daftest thing ever and doing my nut in.

Bought the car last Friday, guy said RCL has never worked. It's a Siemens remote, 2 curved buttons. I opened it, batteries were around the wrong way. :|

Swapped these, and did the whole - turn the key six times, clap your hands and sing sweet home alabama..or whatever it was to program the key. Worked a treat.

Problem:-

When i unlock the car it locks itself again after like, two seconds? I mean if you're quick you can grab the door in time, but it'll lock again - door open or not. I've also noticed (not sure if this is related) when locking the car manually from the inside drivers door, that there is a "minor mechanical noise" (probably the linear actuator for the lock?) and ONLY this door locks...but when i lock the passenger door the noise is much more prolonged AND locks both doors? Seems like the "master" door is the passenger door?

Apologies, my Mechanical Dictionary still has "L" plates.

Anyone any advice?

No clues. It's a factory Key and Fob. The Key has NATS imprinted on it and is an original if that helps. I would guess it's all factory - but wouldn't bet my life on it.

Back