Remote boot opening

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Has anyone used a solenoid to open the boot?

I tried test fitting the solenoid to where the lever wire goes but it doesn't have enough pull on it.
Any other ways to fit it?

You'll never get a solenoid in a reasonable size with that much pull. Try using a central locking door motor.

ive used plenty of central locking seliniods for around 6-7 smooth boots ive done for people now. and one for titch aswell.

you can either have it under the back sill inside the car (if the boot has the latch from the interior handle pull.)
of have it in the tailkgate up on an angle to pull it from there. they are plenty sufficiant. just nmeed to have a faff about to get it in the right angled positioning. im gettgin a bit masterful at posisioning it now.lol

Door locking motors aren't solenoids, they are motors with gearboxes. A solenoid is a coil of wire with a magnetic plunger, which moves quickly, but with little force. An example of a solenoid is on the side of the starter, where it is huge, and uses a lever, to engage the starter gear.

Andrew said:
Door locking motors aren't solenoids, they are motors with gearboxes. A solenoid is a coil of wire with a magnetic plunger, which moves quickly, but with little force. An example of a solenoid is on the side of the starter, where it is huge, and uses a lever, to engage the starter gear.
Had this argument with Kristian once!

Wayne - I've tried doing it under boot sill and use what was connected to the pully wire but the solenoid doesn't have enough power.
Have been advised to fit it inside the boot to the "coat hanger" that comes of the lock which feels a lot more easier for the solenoid to move!

ive used both under the sill and in the boot itself

ANDREW - reading fromt he box now on the 2 i just bought for dans car reads automobile SELINIOD used for door release..

i aint arguing with ne one., but thats what it says on the manufactures box. and as long as they call it that then that is what i shall call it

RE: RE: Remote boot opening

quickdraw said:
ANDREW - reading fromt he box now on the 2 i just bought for dans car reads automobile SELINIOD used for door release..

I wouldn't really trust it if it says "SELINIOD", that's not even a word. And all cheap imported goods have the correct spelling, grammar and specifications on the outside.

Couldn't resist this:
22-solenoid.JPG

;)

SR_Micra_Boy said:
Or it cud be a simple spelling mistake on Waynes behalf
wall.gif
ghey.gif

thank you.

andrew - its from maplins, so - meh aint even gonna bother!!!
your obviously always right since you are the god that walks amongs men

nop it does spell it how james put it.
it also reads it being a 2 wire actuator aswell though :p
which an actuator and a soleniod are different :p

o_O who said ne thing about a door motor. i said central locking motor.
which on the box reads it is a soleniod. also known as actuator.

so nowe your saying it IS in fact a soleniod.?

hmm i think it a case of misunderstanding.
but trust me it definatly says SOLENIOD
thus why i call it that. and that is what i use

a central lockign soleniod/actuator - 2 wire one. not 6

Back