Remember I posted about my crash?

L

lewis

Well on friday night my mate reversed into me, so I decided to go and get a couple of quotes to see how much they're gona skin me (and him).....

My crash.......

6-DSC03253.JPG

Quote = £130

My mates advanced reversing into my car........

22-DSC03256.JPG

Quote = £306

Result = Gutted

Moral of the story, drive safely and put your money towards mods which are worthwhile....

:(

accidents happen,not all can be avioded by driving safely

i was driving safe wen i had my crash,,im lucky his insurance is paying tho

I think that sounds quite cheap to be honest. Its your mate who must pay anyway, if he doesnt use insurance.

Yeah it's part of driving I guess, I was going to fast on ice when I crashed the first time....so I kinda accept that.

When I told my mate it was gona cost £306 his jaw dropped.

Can't wait to drive a car with no dents in it again lol

the dent in the rear quarter is the same as mine,caused by the back of the panel pushed forward,not a normal dent,,,even if you pull the dent out the back of the quarter will still be out of line

RIK said:
the dent in the rear quarter is the same as mine,caused by the back of the panel pushed forward,not a normal dent,,,even if you pull the dent out the back of the quarter will still be out of line

mines a write off cause of that dent in side of mine :(

Andy_S said:

i think they will fix mine,,its 2 month old and i payed 10k so it stil worth alot even tho i lost money buying from new

but you never know

Andy_S said:

have they written it off already... dang were you not intrested in private repair...

would have probably cost bout £80min - £120max

have you heard of (tony's bodyshop) on henrietta st, A-U-L??

RIK said:
i think they will fix mine,,its 2 month old and i payed 10k so it stil worth alot even tho i lost money buying from new

but you never know

i think if its only 2month old, if its wrote off they will give u an option of the same car or the money u paided.

when my uncle had his car wrote off, 1month old astra, they gave him the option of a like for like car, same etc....... or the exact u paid

hughes_16v said:
i think if its only 2month old, if its wrote off they will give u an option of the same car or the money u paided.

when my uncle had his car wrote off, 1month old astra, they gave him the option of a like for like car, same etc....... or the exact u paid

if its wrote off they will offer the book price for my car,,which will probably be about 7k now

If its a new policy also, they will deduct the full ammount you owe them for the complete year from the bookprice on the car, then give you the remainder.
This is the policy every insurance company adhere to.

RIK said:
if its wrote off they will offer the book price for my car,,which will probably be about 7k now

i've been told that if they write-off a car less than 1 year old, they will either replace it with another new car or give you what you paid, like mentioned above.

that's a nasty dent at the back mate.

i removed a simmiler one on my mate's 306 by taking the trim of the inside and using a plank of wood and a hammer bashed it out from the inside... still needed filler to flatten it out.....

... but that's what you get for taking the McDonalds drive thru too tightly lol

personally i'd goto a scrappy about the wing... £10 at the most and if you are lucky it will be the same colour.

Back