Redline on a 1.0L K10

yea, my dash rattles like a fiend then once i get a little higher in the rpm and it stops rattling, i shift lol... but listening to the engine is definately the #1 technique, cause then you're not staring at your tach waiting for it to hit the right rpm instead of watching the road!

Rattles are usually down to unbalanced wheels or similar. They shouldnt rattle at any speed! Listening to the engine isnt number one technique at all. If you've never fitted a rev counter, you dont know what the limits are! You could be shifting well below or above redline.

Also, looking at a rev counter isnt a destraction imo. Its not like your staring at it through the gears, you only glance when you think you need to shift. No worse than looking at the speedo!

Rattles are usually down to unbalanced wheels or similar. They shouldnt rattle at any speed! Listening to the engine isnt number one technique at all. If you've never fitted a rev counter, you dont know what the limits are! You could be shifting well below or above redline.

Also, looking at a rev counter isnt a destraction imo. Its not like your staring at it through the gears, you only glance when you think you need to shift. No worse than looking at the speedo!

good point i need to fit one on my 98 micra any one got any ideas of where the wiering would go aftermarket counter btw

i dont have a rpm meter...
i was wondering what speed u have on 2:nd gear at 6000rpm?
when i race i go to ~56mph on 2:nd... i think its a bit above 6K...

Back