Redex, what do you guys think?

Quite simple really guys, being told to try it, my economy hasn't been the best and my cars seen smother days so i'm really starting to maintain it now.

Anyone experience with the product itself?

Also apparently it could clean carbon deposits but i dont know how prone to carbon the CG engines are?

Its up for discussion anyhow and i look forward to views!

Cheers
Migs.

Ive used it a couple of times and I would recommend it (Y) I usually pour half the bottle (in very very small amounts) in the throttle body and pour the other half in a tank of fuel.

Give it a touch of gas. When I left the car in the garage for about half a year (before I learned in it), It belched clouds and clouds of smoke and engine was very rough. But poured some redex in and it clears it all out. Just got to make sure you pour in very small amounts at a time.

Oh Right,

Going to admit, my throttle response has been dismal and its almost cost me the car twice in the past two weeks, trying to gas out of junctions, its like my car stalls but a late spark always pulls it back, and i really need this issue sorting now!

Im hoping redex will clear up the injectors a bit, but down the TB sounds like an alright idea too!

Ill start with it just in gas tank though and work from there!

use it, totalyy changed the way my old super s drove, dunno bout the tb tho, i just filled up and put it in my tank. but yeh, redex ftw!!!

Its nice to know its having a positive effect on our machines, my micra is 11 years old with 105-106k on clock so im planning on using it, but slow appliance because i dont wan't to be doing the engine harm (If any)

Just pour it in gently!
If you pour too much in it can collect in the inlet manifold and hydraulic the engine! Not good! Have genuinely heard of this happening!

Any decent fuel cleaner should do the same. If you get a large bottle you can stick some in your fuel tank to work thru the injectors too.

Aye true that, just watched sonic injector cleaning on youtube before and after and the results are pretty dam remarkable (If its not marketing junk)

If redex does that to the injectors ill be happy haha, from what i understand they're meant to spray but over time dirt builds up and then they end up just trickling, the spray is good because when the fuels ignited its over a larger...area? dont know if thats right or not haha.

sounds like your ignition barrel needs turning back undo the 2no m6 bolt nuts with the car on idle and rotate the barrell a few degrees listening out for the engine note and tighten up the nuts-over time the setting moves
My wifes last micra ran like a bag of lead locknuts tuned the barrel and she flew like fluck
clean out points to plug leads / dizzy cap, rotar arm may need new
needle file the plugs to a sharp square edge
carb intake the TB passing the temp resistor on idle rev to 2k [ie dont short it]
Do that and she will be 1000times better m8

Interesting, this is new to me, well i'm happy to report after using first appliance of redex my micra is solidly flying, so much hp and torque has been gained as well as the revs feeling powerful (Also you can't really hear the engine anymore lol...)

My engine has sludge in it, i will be performing some rotations/filter changes and possibly a flush to clean the gunk out.

As for your advice i will check dizzy and ht's (Will run restance tests on the HT's too!)

I have a k11C (so facelift basically with nats) what does rotatng the ignition barrel do? exactly, thanks for advice rusada :).

Back