Red Dog

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
It's an awesome movie.

I've had the "privilage" of doing quite a bit of work around Karratha/Port Hedland/Pilbara region over the last few years. I'm up there for anywhere between 2 and 6 weeks at a time once or twice a year with contract survey for oil and gas. We spotted the statue on the way into Dampier one day and had our photos taken with it. At the time though we had no idea about the significance of the story other than what the plaque on the statue mentioned.

It's a pretty interesting area and some amazing scenery, but I don't think I could do the regular mining rotation like half the town does. Au$900k or $1500+ p/w rent for a 3 bedroom tin shed is a bit much too, but I guess the money is there if you want to go get it.

CMF_sr20micramike

» CMF Member
daily_ricer WROTE:

"It's an awesome movie.

I've had the "privilage" of doing quite a bit of work around Karratha/Port Hedland/Pilbara region over the last few years. I'm up there for anywhere between 2 and 6 weeks at a time once or twice a year with contract survey for oil and gas. We spotted the statue on the way into Dampier one day and had our photos taken with it. At the time though we had no idea about the significance of the story other than what the plaque on the statue mentioned.

quote]

+1 yeah ive worked there most of last year and 2010, its certainly an "interesting" place, main reason is the money though, having spoke to alot of "east coasters" im surprised more of them dont work there instead of busting there nuts working for peanuts over here, just seems stupid, why would you not want to take an opportunity to make your life a 100 times better,wierd

Back