Recommend up rated service parts?

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
Hi

Gonna give my Car a service just wondering if anyone can recommend any uprated or prefered service parts for example:

Plugs
Oil filter
Fuel filter

Thats sort of thing otherwise she will just get the standard ones, which are probably fine but its goood to know if anyone has had a good experience with other parts.

Its on a modded CGA3 lump.

Thanks

Paul

The Nissan spec NGK plugs are by far the best for the Micra from my experience. Would also go with the Nissan oil and fuel filter as well rather than a blue print copy.

plugs: NGK R's or bosch super four 4's

oil filter: any to be honest, because choosing a better make is not gonna make a diffrance.

fuel filter. not sure on this. bosch?

Did the service today stuck with stock oil and fuel filters. I'm running 10/60w fully synthetic oil, but used Bosch super 4 plugs an equivalent to the NGK BCP7ES, one NGk plug was burning really well but the other 3 were really black which was a worry. Hopefully the new plugs will have a better burn.

I did my service today, I just followed ant's guidelines in the FAQ's and it's ticking like a rolex.... not that it wasn't before..

FAQ page

-Plugs, Champion Eon 4 are the best i have used (£19.99 From halfords)
-HT leads, (£39.99 from nissan, dont get aftermarket if you can help it)
-Oil change (10-W40 part synthetic is the usual, £17.99 5L, requires 4.5 L)
-Oil filter (£5.64 from ADL-Blueprint)
-Fuel filter. (£12.99 from ADL -Blueprint)

Performance gains after the service would start with a panel filter fitted into the stock air box, (green cotton and K+N available from £35.50 www.rallynuts.com)

Still need to get my filter and HT leads in the post.

Back