rebuilding ma10

daveeeeee

Ex. Club Member
after rebuilding a freinds renault 5 engine, i'm planing on rebuilding an ma10. just waiting on the funds to by an engine. was wondering tho, can you still get parts such as piston rings various gaskets and seals for the ma engines?

i'm guessing that rebuilding an ma10 is fairly simple? the r5 engine was easy to rebuild.

I nearly did one, but gave up due to getting another complete ma10

I have:

Brand new set of piston rings MA10, really hard to get hold of now days!!
Shells and simms, brand new, also had to look about for these, cost me £60
Quite a few spares for the ma10
MA10 block
MA10 pistons, re-cond
New sump gasket set

and a couple of other things

http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=24221

Lots of stuff on there, i have everything bottom end wise
Just need the head etc

Not looking for alot as i could do with shifting it all

Think i've got a new rocker cover gasket somewhere that I don't need either

GAH i wish i had the money atm. i literaly have £0 untill next month, i will take pretty much all of that off you curtis next month if you still have it mate.

everyone hold on to everything for a month!!!!

I have a basin full of fixings, clips and agnoying little bits & peices too...most ods & ends are FREE to any rebuilding enthusiast superhero!!!

ask if youre stuck..the worst case is that I aint got it/any...lol

did just what you are proposing on my K10 1993 I had no trouble locating rings big end shells and main bearings I did the job in situ just took off the sump and head I believe Mr Haynes only shows from engine out but I sure you it can be done without
I recommend that you fit also a new water pump and timing belt ( much easier now than later ) I also replaced the head bolts as some were rounded off ( can't believe the price £7 each ) hardest part cleaning out the old carbon deposit in the piston ring groove but a broken piece of old ring soon got it out that was 30,000 miles ago and has never missed a beat the bore condition was unbelievable it was not worth even thinking of a bore job

Good luck and take your time good engineering is not based on speed

Roger

Back