Rear wiper malfunction

Hi guys,
Please help me solve an issue with rear wiper. few days ago i saw that no matter the position of the rear wiper indicator (intermitent/continous/ water spray), the wiper makes only one operation as: 3 complete runs on glass then always stops on different positions on glass. When front wipers are on and i put in reverse, back wiper do not start as usual. If i put to intermitent the position of indicator which shoul put wiper on intermitent mode ( 1 operation at aprox 7 sec) is not working, always on for back wiper is not working.......
Have anybody a fix solution for this issue?

the park switch is full of verdigris. you will have to remove the whole wiper assembly, take it apart and clean the switch with contact cleaner.

you'll see this comment or similar has been made by me quite a few times recently for different things. this time of year and following the crazy cold snap we had before Christmas and subsequent thaw with high humidity but still cool temps, things like switches get corroded because the moisture drops out the air on the small but cold metal of the contacts and you end up with this sort of weird fault. normally there is enough protection from the body of the switch and the boot on the plunger but when it's cold the water vapour in the air is denser so it works it's way in to stuff it doesn't normally. to prevent it happening again, dielectric lubricant can be applied to the contacts (which it would have had originally but will have all gone now) but to be honest it isn't worth it.

Novocaine,
what are reffering with "park switch"? wiper assy from tail gate or the wiper indicator behind steering wheel?

Hope after dissasambly it will work. Notice that wiper is doing just one function now 9no intermediate, no always on, no active if is in reverse). Do you thing is a poor electrical contact? or may be something else too?

20230110_203442.jpg

This is what i have found inside. all that oldgrease was almoust rock solid with a lot of debries. I have cleaned it, new grease, clean all electric contacts and seems to work now. I have clean also washer pump which was also dirty.

Back