Rear wiper question

Hello guys i recently bought a 97' micra and i cant turn on the rear wiper. Is it turned on with the front wipers and just not working or is there a diffrent postition of the switch for it.

I remember it took me a while to find the front wiper recently but it made sense when I found it , something like push forwards for the front and pull back for the rear?

I do believe it’s the other way around, pull back for front push forwards for the rear, but either way it’s 50/50 pull or push lol

I do believe it’s the other way around, pull back for front push forwards for the rear, but either way it’s 50/50 pull or push lol
I thinks its different for me. When i push forward it cleans the front window and when i pull backwards nothing happens. The front wipers are controlled by moving the switch up and down

The switch looks like that
1585480274504.png

Last edited:
Haven’t driven mine for 6 months forgot which way round it is lol, possibly a dodgy stalk I had to replace my indicator stalk as it only put one headlight on.

isn't rear wiper on the other stalk? you twist it I think

It's weird, it's something I use most days and can't remember where it is

pulling towards you sprays the front washer and puts the wiper on for 2 or 3 swishes, pushing away from you sprays the rear washer but doesn't put the wiper on you have to twist something

pushing the other one puts your highbeams on, pulling the other one flashes your headlights

Hello guys i recently bought a 97' micra and i cant turn on the rear wiper. Is it turned on with the front wipers and just not working or is there a diffrent postition of the switch for it.
Should be the symbols there for it and it is definitely pushing away from you to both turn it on and wash the window. Maybe the stalk was replaced with one from another cat with no wiper from the factory, it was an option on some terrible spec pre-fls

Sent from my LG K11+ (yes I did buy the phone specifically to have a K11 phone, I'm that sad)

Back